Contribute
Register

Big delay during boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having the same issue even without FileVault enabled, so FV not a problem this time..

Updated to Beta 6, problem persists.

It seems to be connected to Samsungs m.2 nvme. I'm not sure if a fresh install does change that behaviour. Did anybody find a workaround? Could we rename the Thread to something like: "samsung nvme and Monterey, extreme slow boot."?

It seems to be connected to Samsungs m.2 nvme. I'm not sure if a fresh install does change that behaviour. Did anybody find a workaround? Could we rename the Thread to something like: "samsung nvme and Monterey, extreme slow boot."?
Another question I have is does the trim delay happens on others brands m.2 ssds? Or it is only with Samsung too?

I happen to have a Samsung nvme drive that has a clean install of Monterey on it and have the boot delay, so I wouldn't bother running that experiment.

Yeah. Definitely a TRIM issue related to Monterey and Evo 970 Nvme. As far as I know you never should disable TRIM, otherwise you can damage your nvme-ssd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back