Contribute
Register

Big Bertha's Big Brother:Asus Z10PE-D8 WS Dual Xeon Broadwell v4 CPU's 64GB DDR4 ECC RDIMM RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I had issues with the Quadro 4000 but otherwise two screens, two discreet cards and everything worked great until 10.12.3 so that really screwed my build and Apple blocked my Hack so it's now running a different OS

Martin

What do you mean Apple blocked your hack? Messages? iCloud?

What do you mean Apple blocked your hack? Messages? iCloud?
It's difficult to explain other than to say it kept asking to verify details when logging into iCloud services. The only parts that didn't work or have access were those areas where you could potentially make puchases, so no iTunes and no AppStore access. No iMessages etc. However you can access all your account details via their web interface with no issues.

My real Apple products have no issues or restrictions, just the hack .... I can't fault them to be honest, i used several smBIOS versions whilst experimenting to see which definitions gave the best results. All my testing was obviously carried out on the same motherboard, so all those attempts were coming from the same on-board NIC Mac address.

Martin

It's difficult to explain other than to say it kept asking to verify details when logging into iCloud services.

This behaviour is typical for motherboards that do not have native NVRAM support, did you try with EmuVariableUefi-64 and RC Scripts ?

This behaviour is typical for motherboards that do not have native NVRAM support, did you try with EmuVariableUefi-64 and RC Scripts ?

Hi P1lgrim, yeah tried it with and without Emu, always use the RC scripts. I even down flashed the BIOS and then re-upped it again to see if there was any left-over rubbish in the NVRam. Used the iMessage debug tool to make sure the system guid's were stable etc. Went back to the same working 14,2 smBios that this thread was built upon and all installs great and all runs perfectly right up to where you want access to the AppStore and my purchases, even the AppStore is fully functional other than trying purchase history. I even tried purchasing Tubular Bells from iTunes thinking it might be an approval issue, the screens went through as they should and I was left thinking it had worked, but then go to play your purchase and there's nothing there, checked on the bank account and there are no purchase details so the order was never really accepted.

It's no real biggie here, I have other Apple products that i can use, I hate Windows and was actually really happy to be rid of it and all the issues it brings with its installation for the last four years. I don't do commercial work any more since my wife's brain injury and having to look after her, I prefer to work on one machine and one platform OS but hey ho. I am waiting to see what next years so called modular MacPro looks like and if Apple do the same as they have done for the last few years of being under powered and over priced then I will drop Apple and reconsider my options as i am now effectively just a 'Hobbyist'

Martin

@TpwUK : Hi Again. Did u managed to get 10.12.5 update working? Are u still on 5.1 or 14.2 SMBIOS?

I cant boot once i update the clover to latest version. even with 1 cpu off. can possibly share the new EFI folder?

thanks a bunch.

Last edited:
Managed to sort out. This time i had to do a clean install from a freshly created 10.12.5 usb. but all is good now.

Yo Guys whats up! I got stupid and decided to install a copy of linux on my spare hd. It took over my Mac clover boot!!!! needed to start over anyways but now i cannot get the USB to boot for anything. When i set csm setting to all UEFI then reboot > hit f8 i see no boot devices but when i set it to uefi and legacy i see both usb and HD. When i try to boot the usb it just goes to a black screen and sits there for ever. the board is looping for 04 to 00. any ideas?

Also in bios under boot i see no boot options while UEFI boot only is set.

Last edited:
Thanks. Will check and report back.

I came across another strange problem. I got 11x 4tb drives over areca 1882ix-16 as raid5 and 4x 1tb 850evo ssd as raid 5 as well. In my bootlog, it shows up. It was mounting fine till today morning and then it disappeared. Bootlog attached.

I have noticed that my Nvidia device manager fail to load when my Raid is loaded. But when Nvidia is loaded, the raid doesnt load. Its in there but it wont show up in diskutil list or gui disk utility. But inside my areca webbased browser, it shows up fine. Any idea why its happening??

I have EFI on multiple drives. I think i will clean it up and make sure I only got 1x EFI that boots.
Hey, I was looking into getting the Areca 1882 and was wondering if you have run it with Mojave? I currently have an Areca 1224 that works perfectly but I just wanted to double-check. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back