Contribute
Register

Big Bertha's Big Brother:Asus Z10PE-D8 WS Dual Xeon Broadwell v4 CPU's 64GB DDR4 ECC RDIMM RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Martin, Thanks for the investigation!
No idea how to do that... i hope somebody can help me out with that once i have my hardware with me...

Hey Martin, Thanks for the investigation!
No idea how to do that... i hope somebody can help me out with that once i have my hardware with me...
https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2016/07/26/xcpm-for-unsupported-processor/ Is the thread, and I really encourage you to read it all including the comments as there is lots of other aid bits in there you might need, but I am struggling to find the comments made, from the email notifications I received it looks like it might be something easily remedied via Clover with a search and replace string kind of thing.

You are looking for the “3f” there i.e. 63 decimal. You take three lines of hex byte code and convert it like in my example. The one you showed here with “48 83 f9 3f” would be the second line. Don’t forget to remove the spaces.
(PikeRAlpha)

Now I am not fluent in Cloverease so I have no idea - hopefully someone will come to the rescue before you are built and ready to try Sierra.

Martin

Sorry guy but you Probably want to watch this video so you can see how Bertha's cousin she's doing.

Sorry guy but you Probably want to watch this video so you can see how Bertha's cousin she's doing.
Shame you didn't build a workstation on a dual socket board, I would love to see the figures of dual 2696v4's running KS6.2 Feel free to download the demo version and load the camera benchmark scene, it's pretty simplistic so should get a good speed - If you decide to give it a try, press H whilst it's rendering and it will show the fps - Would be interested to see those results as it makes it easier for me to calculate which cpu's I should aim for regarding bang for bucks.

Martin

@TpwUK,
from what i know, -xcpm is not more implemented in sierra, have you tried without this flag in config.plist (but don't know if Clover can handle generate P/C sate for your CPU's)
From what I can ascertain Sierra dropped xcpm support but only on Ivy Bridge CPU's which would make sense as IB processors were pretty much an experimental platform for kernel based power management.

If I am wrong I would appreciate correction

Martin

From what I can ascertain Sierra dropped xcpm support but only on Ivy Bridge CPU's which would make sense as IB processors were pretty much an experimental platform for kernel based power management.

If I am wrong I would appreciate correction

Martin
You're not wrong

Just finished researching render performance with KS6.2 and for me personally my ceiling regarding cash/render-time has pretty much settled at E5-2683v4 CPU's so I have ordered two ES processors today and they should hopefully be here early next week. So I will update my post to reflect the change to the specification.

Did you get the QHUY one? looks like it may is incompatible to the Z10 board with the wrong BIOS:
  • Asus Z10PE-D8 WS (BIOS 3204): cannot power on when the 2nd CPU is installed; supports V4 (pre-)QS or production processors for dual-CPU configuration

Last edited:
Are your two 2698V4 20 core ES the QHUZ versions?

with tech you can only loose money :) what Bios version are you running your Asus board?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back