Contribute
Register

Big Bertha's Big Brother:Asus Z10PE-D8 WS Dual Xeon Broadwell v4 CPU's 64GB DDR4 ECC RDIMM RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I had to manually enter the memory details - I think it detected the first two slots but had no manufacturer or serial number info them, so filled those in and just copied and pasted the others

Martin
I manually added as well.

Is there anything else I am missing?

Yes I had to manually enter the memory details - I think it detected the first two slots but had no manufacturer or serial number info them, so filled those in and just copied and pasted the others

Martin
Martin, Any chance to catch you on Skype?

Please acquaint yourself with the rules :
The Rules said:
Members may not solicit nor provide assistance via private communications. This forum was created to provide help by posting questions and getting answers. By not publicly discussing you are depriving others of solutions to problems they may encounter

Sorry - I don't use Skype :/

I manually added as well.

Is there anything else I am missing?

I think we both have something missing to even attempt this board - lol .... But config wise, nothing that immediately springs to mind. I am pretty poor at detecting errors that don't produce a full Kernel Panic to give me a clue of where to look

Martin

Sorry - I don't use Skype :/

I think we both have something missing to even attempt this board - lol .... But config wise, nothing that immediately springs to mind. I am pretty poor at detecting errors that don't produce a full Kernel Panic to give me a clue of where to look

Martin
Fair enough.
Thank you for the help though!

Have you managed to get to the install screen yet ?
If not look at the Clover manual for the FakeCPUID - There is a list where you can try different fake CPUID's
Also check for the iMac that most closely resembles CPU's and is of the same architectural family. For this visit every mac website and search the iMac database.

Martin

Have you managed to get to the install screen yet ?
If not look at the Clover manual for the FakeCPUID - There is a list where you can try different fake CPUID's
Also check for the iMac that most closely resembles CPU's and is of the same architectural family. For this visit every mac website and search the iMac database.

Martin
Not yet.
This is not as simple as it sounds :)

Not yet.
This is not as simple as it sounds :)
It's not much fun I know ... The earliest Haswell Processor was iMac14,2 which is the same smBIOS I am using and that means the FakeCPUID I use would/could still apply

The only real difference is that you are on v3 2011 CPU's and I am on v4

Martin

It's not much fun I know ... The earliest Haswell Processor was iMac14,2 which is the same smBIOS I am using and that means the FakeCPUID I use would/could still apply

The only real difference is that you are on v3 2011 CPU's and I am on v4

Martin
can you attach your config?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back