Contribute
Register

Big Bertha's Big Brother:Asus Z10PE-D8 WS Dual Xeon Broadwell v4 CPU's 64GB DDR4 ECC RDIMM RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
This build will update to 10.12.4 using the following steps ...
  • Backup existing EFI folder for your working macOS 10.12.3 or 10.12.2
  • Download and install to your boot disk the latest Clover Bootloader from SourceForge
  • Edit your Clover config.plist to have Inject Kexts = Yes
  • Disable Nvdia Web Drivers via preferences
  • Use the AppStore Combo updater
  • Reboot after 10.12.4 Combo update adding NV_Disable=1 to your boot arguments and removing Use Web Drivers under the Clover Bootloader/Options/Graphics
  • Download latest Web Drivers for version 10.12.4 and Install them, reboot as requested
  • Add NV_Disable to boot arguments and make sure Use Web Drivers are still deactivated in Clover
  • Use the Nvidia Driver Manager from preferences or Icon from desktop menu bar to tick Nvidia Web Driver, reboot as requested
  • Remove the NV_Disable=1 from the boot args and re-activate the Use Web Drivers from Clover/Options/Graphics
Tested and running with Dual discreet graphics cards, Quadro 4000 and GT660Ti
Also tested and fully working with no added kexts required for https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007GMPZ0A/?tag=tonymacx86-21 PCIe wireless networking card

Martin

Last edited:
Guys I have a Xeon 2698 V4 (ES) 20 cores / 40 threads and I managed to install 10.12. My motherboard is the asrock x99e-itx/ac. Everything working except audio for now but the problem is that I have very low benchmark scores. I attach my geekbench , cinebench scores and my config.plist. The scores are on par with my 4.5GHZ overclocked 5960x which is too low for a 20 core cpu. :( Can anyone help me?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-04 at 02.23.33.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-04 at 02.23.33.png
    89.4 KB · Views: 233
  • config.plist.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 114
  • Screen Shot 2017-04-04 at 02.47.47.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-04 at 02.47.47.png
    162.7 KB · Views: 228
Guys I have a Xeon 2698 V4 (ES) 20 cores / 40 threads and I managed to install 10.12. My motherboard is the asrock x99e-itx/ac. Everything working except audio for now but the problem is that I have very low benchmark scores. I attach my geekbench , cinebench scores and my config.plist. The scores are on par with my 4.5GHZ overclocked 5960x which is too low for a 20 core cpu. :( Can anyone help me?
Have you tried version 4.1 the algorithms have been changed for iOS and macOS

Martin

Have you tried version 4.1 the algorithms have been changed for iOS and macOS

Martin
Yes, I and get the same scores. Also cinebench is very low as you can see on the screenshot not only geekbench.

Have you tried disabling Hyper Threading - Some of us here are getting better results with HT off, but we are using dual processors. There are also times, depending on BIOS version and CPU where Turbo and EIST should be disabled and that you should set the CPU to be stepped and turbo'd as needed via the OS.

Martin

Have you tried disabling Hyper Threading - Some of us here are getting better results with HT off, but we are using dual processors. There are also times, depending on BIOS version and CPU where Turbo and EIST should be disabled and that you should set the CPU to be stepped and turbo'd as needed via the OS.

Martin
Yes I tried with hyperthreading off and the scores are even lower than hyperthreading on. Is it something in clover configuration that can affect cpu performance?

Can you share your expert contacts? I am having big problems installing mac on similar 32 thread build.

Can you share your expert contacts? I am having big problems installing mac on similar 32 thread build.
Not a lot of advice can be given with so little information from you

Martin

Did you do anything special to run two graphics cards?

Did you do anything special to run two graphics cards?
No, I had issues with the Quadro 4000 but otherwise two screens, two discreet cards and everything worked great until 10.12.3 so that really screwed my build and Apple blocked my Hack so it's now running a different OS

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back