Contribute
Register

Big Bertha's Big Brother:Asus Z10PE-D8 WS Dual Xeon Broadwell v4 CPU's 64GB DDR4 ECC RDIMM RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good day Martin... just had a look into your EFI partitions... you really have little Kext in the Others file as well as not even the brumbär patch in kext to patch... interesting! on my supermicro i have like 7 kext and its full with changes in the config :)

Why did you use a system definition of the iMac instead of the mac pro 6.1?

may get the board in 2 weeks, can't wait to see how its doing ;)

Went with the iMac14,2 because it's one of the smBIOS settings that will allow the 660ti to boot to the desktop rather than a black screen. To get boot you only need FakeSMC.kext nothing else is needed, it's almost as if this board is made for macOS Sierra, it's spookily easy. Still fighting with power management but getting convinced it won't work with these CPU's purely because they are locked to that one speed.

Added another 16Gb RAM today and a 480Gb Kingston SSD

Martin

Turns out this mother board is snotty with memory slot allocation and types. Seems it was happy with 2 single 4Gb Dimms and the 16Gb added as 4x4Gb Dimms but if I try to add another 2 1x4Gb and it throws a sulk and won't boot, can't tell if the error is 67 or b7 but it refuses to boot. The 4x4Gb modules are not numbered they are just labelled as 'kit of 4' so it looks as if you have to purchase single sticks or you will need to order the DIMMS specifically to the RAM amount you want. Not good ASUS!!

is the RAM you installed on the supported compatibility list?

Hey #TpwUK,
Great post!
Do you think this would work with the Z10-PE-D16 as well?
I followed your guide but i get a reboot just after CPU configuration begin.

IMG_0978.jpg

I am using 2X2660 v3 and 96GB of DDR4 ECC. (3 dims instead of 4 as one is dead and awaiting replacement)
Thanks!!

N

Last edited:
OK _ Lots of straining my neck to read that - lol .... FakeLPC should be set in Clover and I am not sure where the LoadTrustedKeys is coming from, are you booting using secure boot ?

Martin

OK _ Lots of straining my neck to read that - lol .... FakeLPC should be set in Clover and I am not sure where the LoadTrustedKeys is coming from, are you booting using secure boot ?

Martin
Sorry, not sure why its rotating the image. it should now be fixed.

Secure boot is disabled in the bios.
Here is the EFI structure:
EFI.png

config.plist attached.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4 KB · Views: 295
Are you using intel graphics ? - If not then you can remove the inject intel and the id
Your SMBios is set to 17,2 - Are they Haswell Based ? If not swap to Haswell based iMac definition for SMBios.
Your CPU's are Haswell based, so you might need the Haswell fix with Clover, try without and with if you still fail.
You might not need the FakeCPUID, but its got you this far so it might be fine.
You have also set XMP Detect to No when it should be Yes

My motherboard was generating a power management error when tested with the new AppleIntelInfo.kext from PikeRAlpha and I had to set QPI under the CPU heading in Clover to be 100

Martin

Last edited:
Are you using intel graphics ? - If not then you can remove the inject intel and the id
Your SMBios is set to 17,2 - Are they Haswell Based ? If not swap to Haswell based iMac definition for SMBios.
Your CPU's are Haswell based, so you might need the Haswell fix with Clover, try without and with if you still fail.
You might not need the FakeCPUID, but its got you this far so it might be fine.

My motherboard was generating a power management error when tested with the new AppleIntelInfo.kext from PikeRAlpha and I had to set QPI under the CPU heading in Clover to be 100

Martin
Thanks for the reply Martin.
No difference with or without the fake FakeCPUID.

Did you have to configure anything under the memory section in SMBIOS?

Thanks for the reply Martin.
Trying now without the fake FakeCPUID.

Did you have to configure anything under the memory section in SMBIOS?
Yes I had to manually enter the memory details - I think it detected the first two slots but had no manufacturer or serial number info them, so filled those in and just copied and pasted the others

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back