1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

If you didn't question the quality of Gigabyte products before, maybe you should...

if you didn't question the quality of Gigabyte products before, maybe you should...
They made a mistake putting their brand name on these. I know that they design these for the OEM to make. I'd say they should get out of the PSU biz altogether and concentrate on motherboards exclusively. Maybe contract with Seasonic to make them, similar to what Antec does.

Last edited:
Unlike their motherboards they don't manufacture these PSUs, they use a third party contractor. Which they should change immediately if not sooner. They made a mistake putting their brand name on these.

Yes, I'm sure they don't manufacture these PSUs, but I do believe they are designed by Gigabyte... As far as I can tell from the first video, it doesn't appear to be a manufacturing problem. It seems to be a design problem and/or bargain hunting of components.

Screen Shot 2021-08-28 at 12.09.17 PM.png

Last edited:
If they want to sell PSUs they should switch to Seasonic and put their name brand on them. End of problem. Their profit margins will be smaller but at least they won't face lawsuits for exploding PSUs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back