Asus TuF X299 Mark 1
CPU
i9-10940X
Graphics
RX 6950 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
What graphic card recomended for adobe after effects , finalcutx, photoshop , for max performance for use proffesional.

I have 2 gtx 680 and I wanted something more powerful.

980ti or 1070

980 ti and rx480 is posible ?
1070 and rx480 is posible ?

those who know and understand this, it recommended to the captain or sierra...

What to buy and is possible use 2 tecnologies in hackintosh example amd in pcie 1 and pcie 3 nvidia ?

Sorry for my english.

Thanks in advanced

What graphic card recomended for adobe after effects , finalcutx, photoshop , for max performance for use proffesional.

I have 2 gtx 680 and I wanted something more powerful.

980ti or 1070

980 ti and rx480 is posible ?
1070 and rx480 is posible ?

those who know and understand this, it recommended to the captain or sierra...

What to buy and is possible use 2 tecnologies in hackintosh example amd in pcie 1 and pcie 3 nvidia ?

Sorry for my english.

Thanks in advanced

Adobe products tends to work well with nVidia cards.

FCP X works well with AMD.

I have found that AMD, FCPX and El Capitan works very well.

I would not mix and match different video cards from nVidia and AMD. You have no control at all about what will happen. I'd be interested in the results but suspect they will not be good.

I don't have any nVidia cards so cannot comment on their performance.

Rob

What graphic card recomended for , finalcutx, photoshop , for max performance for use proffesional.

For professional level application having one machine for Adobe/Nvidia. Stay about 10/12 months behind the very latest public OS X release - so Yosemite/El Capitan in August 2016 with a similar age of Nvidia GPU such as the 980Ti for your Adobe apps.
A second machine with known AMD compatible hardware for FCPX - an AMD R9 280X is now cheap second hand and a better performer for FCPX than the 6870 that you are showing in your second build description. ;)

If/when the new AMD cards have OS X compatibility then they will be worth considering for running in the latest public version of OS X. Sierra may support the RX 480 properly in time, but we still need to wait a bit longer.

Thanks to all , the 980 is that it costs you the same as 1070 and gives some anger buy something lower.

my preference is adobe apps and second preference finalcutx.

480 rx think might be compatible in sierra or 1070?, there is hope .....

or buy 980ti ..... 980ti support sierra ? or worth waiting to see if nvidia drivers take?

I do not know what to make, what would buy?

For Adobe applications in OS X, use a well supported nVidia GPU and stay well away from new hardware until there are proper working drivers in OS X. You also want to ensure that you are running a solid and stable build. Even on Windows early GPU drivers can have issues and it may take a couple of updates and revisions to get things running smoothly.
You should also not assume that all plugins will run correctly from day one.
https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/mac-os-el-capitan-compatability.html

Stay 10/12 months behind the latest supported hardware and version of OS X and you should be good. The basic RX 480 is GTX 1060 territory. Both are unsupported in OS X and useless for web surfing far less video editing.

The 980Ti is the best OS X compatible GPU that is available at the moment. It should work very well and be able to improve your workflow. The price/performance ratio is actually very good right now. Are you asking about using a 980Ti and then later adding a 980? If so would an identical 980Ti not be better?

the problem is that here you disappear 980 for the news nvidia 10 series
,upgrade to the 980ti so they tell me is the best option? Right ?

It has been tested and say it works smoothly? I think having read

thanks

the problem is that here you disappear 980 for the news nvidia 10 series
,upgrade to the 980ti so they tell me is the best option? Right ?

It has been tested and say it works smoothly? I think having read

thanks

Hi xerox,

Your comment is not translating well and I do not understand what it is that you are trying to say. Can you try again please?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back