Contribute
Register

[Beta release] NativeDisplayBrightness 0.0.5 testing [updated]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Works for me :=) Thanks.

I used it for a couple of days and noticed something strange, when you start MonitorControl the cpu load is 25% and it stays that high. (is it a mining app?) -> back to the NativeDisplayBrightness: cpu load 0 % :)
are you using HS or Mojave?

works for me :wave: thanks. also, I did not see An option to start at login. so I went to preferences- user- login items and uncheck native display brightness

Has anyone gotten this to work with Logitech Craft keyboard? This app works awesome and I can increase/decrease brightness on my U3415W, but I have to use FN + F1/F2 to get it to work. All other F# keys work OOB with macOS controls (volume, launchpad, media, etc.) w/out having to use FN key. I tried a few things in keyboard settings and Logitech software, but nothing seems to work. Anyone with a similar set up?

Has anyone gotten this to work with Logitech Craft keyboard? This app works awesome and I can increase/decrease brightness on my U3415W, but I have to use FN + F1/F2 to get it to work. All other F# keys work OOB with macOS controls (volume, launchpad, media, etc.) w/out having to use FN key. I tried a few things in keyboard settings and Logitech software, but nothing seems to work. Anyone with a similar set up?
I don't have a Logitech craft but it works perfect with Logitech g810

@bensge Hi man and thansk for this amazing script.

Just a question, i am using apples wireless keyboard and now when using softwares that needs F1 and F2 buttons, the keys are just mapped to the brightness control.

Even when i press FN + F1 it still changes brightness.

Is there anyway to disable it in certain applications? Maybe use BetterTouchTool instead for the bindings?

Thanks again.

@bensge Hi man and thansk for this amazing script.

Just a question, i am using apples wireless keyboard and now when using softwares that needs F1 and F2 buttons, the keys are just mapped to the brightness control.

Even when i press FN + F1 it still changes brightness.

Is there anyway to disable it in certain applications? Maybe use BetterTouchTool instead for the bindings?

Thanks again.

Look at my older reply to

v1.1
  • set any key from F1 to F20 to any action.
  • UI fixes, minor bug fixes
Settings.png

https://github.com/KAMIKAZEUA/NativeDisplayBrightness/releases/tag/v1.1

For now, that like most big changes I've done for this app. I don't have other monitor to improve multi monitor features, also monitor with speakers. So I can't work on these features. Any bugs if found - will be fixed. Thanks everybody.

p.s. I'm thinking - should I maybe create a new topic here? Well, it's whatever for me, but it's a really like different app now with my changes.. any admins reads this? Can you clarify me pls.

Thanks a lot for your update. Now I am able to use the brightness keys as they should.

Use for the decrease key f19 and for the increase key f20. Then use karabiner elements; under the preferences in tab Function Keys use instead the brightness keys the keys f19 and f20. It works as it should be.

v1.1
  • set any key from F1 to F20 to any action.
  • UI fixes, minor bug fixes
Settings.png

https://github.com/KAMIKAZEUA/NativeDisplayBrightness/releases/tag/v1.1

For now, that like most big changes I've done for this app. I don't have other monitor to improve multi monitor features, also monitor with speakers. So I can't work on these features. Any bugs if found - will be fixed. Thanks everybody.

p.s. I'm thinking - should I maybe create a new topic here? Well, it's whatever for me, but it's a really like different app now with my changes.. any admins reads this? Can you clarify me pls.

How do I get this Settings window to show up?

Nevermind. Duh, found it in the menu bar.

Last edited:
hey guys I have a dual screen setup, but when I have an active window on the second display and try to change brightness there, is still changes the brightness of the first screen, despite the brightness ui being displayed on the second one. Any ideas why? I use https://github.com/KAMIKAZEUA/NativeDisplayBrightness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back