Contribute
Register

[Beta release] NativeDisplayBrightness 0.0.5 testing [updated]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't get this to work. Nothing happens when I click the buttons to increase/decrease the brightness.

Do all the displays connected need to support DDC/CI for this to work?

Download the attached application and execute it. Go to the keyboards tab and then press the brightness up and down keys. "Key Up" and "Key Down" events should appear in the app. Please take a screenshot of it and post it here, thanks.

Cheers,
Benno

Hello, cool idea bensge, after a quick test the latest release works well on my Dell P2415Q. Would like to use this app also with an Apple keyboard. So here are the key codes, hope it helps.
HIDDeviceTest-Apple Keyboard.png

I can't get this to work. Nothing happens when I click the buttons to increase/decrease the brightness.

Do all the displays connected need to support DDC/CI for this to work?

I only have one monitor right now, but I have heard from a user that it works with multiple monitors too (only some support DDC/CI). Also, you should at least see the brightness HUD, even if your monitor doesn't support DDC/CI. Do you use an Apple keyboard? Try Fn+F1 / Fn+F2 or use the tool linked on page 2 to swap your key function from system brightness feature to F1/F2.

Hello, cool idea bensge, after a quick test the latest release works well on my Dell P2415Q. Would like to use this app also with an Apple keyboard. So here are the key codes, hope it helps.
View attachment 239654

Thank you! Well, turns out, it's exactly the same output as I get from a non-Apple keyboard . Can you try Fn+F1/Fn+F2 and see if that works?

Thank you! Well, turns out, it's exactly the same output as I get from a non-Apple keyboard . Can you try Fn+F1/Fn+F2 and see if that works?

Yes, it works with the Fn key, strange that it outputs me the same scan code no matter with or without fn key.
I've edited the usage-map in the keyboard kext and it works, i know not the best solution but i'll do some more research.

I only have one monitor right now, but I have heard from a user that it works with multiple monitors too (only some support DDC/CI). Also, you should at least see the brightness HUD, even if your monitor doesn't support DDC/CI. Do you use an Apple keyboard? Try Fn+F1 / Fn+F2 or use the tool linked on page 2 to swap your key function from system brightness feature to F1/F2.
Thanks, I got it working :D

Per-display settings would be really cool to add to the application in the future. Right now I can't really use it since the same brightness percentage is synced on all displays, which is a problem since I have one new and one old display. On the new one (Dell Ultrasharp U2515H) 100% brightness is really too bright, but not on the old one.

For me it would be better if it used percentages. For example - if I pressed F1 the old display would go from 100% to 90%, while the new one would go from 60% to 50%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back