Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there. Completely new here, so apologize if this forum isn't for questions like this.

I want to try building my first hackintosh, and while I realize that doing a Z390 based one is probably easier at this point, I want something that can host 256GB RAM, so I have to go the X299 route.

I have build PC's before in the past and done programming/registry tinkering etc. So while I think some of the stuff I read around here sounds daunting and completely confusing to me at this point, I hope it will all make sense when I start actually building...:)

I have read a ton of stuff regarding X299 hacks and I have trouble settling for a motherboard. I understand that the ASUS Deluxe II has TB built-in but its bandwidth is limited because it is not on the PCI bus. SO I need some board with a standard TB heard so I can add a TB card that way.

So can anyone recommend a board for this? I don't need 10G ethernet or anything like that. Most important is M.2, TB and PCI slots.

EDIT: I also need USB 2.0 to work as I have an RME UFX soundcard.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hey MeloManiac,
I don't know what your budget is but I think I found one that fits all of your requirements. The downside is that it costs 750$.

Hi Felix.
Thanks for your suggestion, will take a look. Yeah it seems pretty hefty on price. I was really also hoping for a suggestion from someone who had succesfully used one of those boards. But thanks for your feeeback!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back