Contribute
Register

Best way to upgrade a El CAP Clover machine to Sierra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Hunsn BM21 Desktop Computer
CPU
i9-10900K/H370
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I order to have all new kexts and NEWEST Clover, Is the best way to boot from Sierra (flash and upgrade), so bootloader will be written over by upgrade, then reinstall all necessary kexts? (With SIP disabled completely, Obviously, even though it is not in the Sierra install guide, instructions of any kind on SIP disablement)

Last edited:
I order to have all new kexts and NEWEST Clover, Is the best way to boot from Sierra (flash and upgrade), so bootloader will be written over by upgrade, then reinstall all necessary kexts? (With SIP disabled completely, Obviously, even though it is not in the Sierra install guide, instructions of any kind on SIP disablement)
Change SIP to disabled = Clover config.plist edit - see https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/RtVariables#CsrActiveConfig
and BooterConfig settings. For upgrade Clover, download latest version from Sourceforge or compile it yourself and install it. It will install the boot files only if overwriting an existing Clover and will leave everything else as it is now.

If you are currently booting El Capitan with Clover, just download latest Sierra installation app and run it. Upgrade works like on a "real" Mac. Personally, I recommend you install to a new drive rather than overwriting El Capitan or clone the El Cap drive first before upgrading it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back