4. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Help Please - What is the Best way to solve Atheros Killer E2200 issues 10.10

Howdy,

I'm working on my first build and I have most of it up and running. I still have a lot to do with getting the GTX 980 card and the dual boot. So far things have gone very smooth...Anyway....

I have a couple of questions and I'm hopping someone can help me with with it.

The build is on a Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT. After I ran multi-beast the Ethernet Card broke. What I don't get is why this happened. Here was my build settings, I did nothing to the Ethernet. And looking at the Ethernet in OS-X it looks like it originally detected it. It seemed to also work fine. I got an IPv4 and IPv6 address, browsed the web, etc...

The build (NOTE I did remove the PS2 port.
IMG_2861.JPG

Here is what the card looked like:
IMG_2862.JPG

It sounds and looks like there are multiple ways to fix this from the forums. There are three KTEXTs in the new Multi-Beast, I haven't touched these yet. It seems like they work for some people, and I hoping one will work for me. I just didn't want to put bad ones on the build if I can avoid it.

Does anyone have a good recommendation if one of the three KTEXTs work better?
Would that be the best way to remedy this? I've seen other workarounds, but something is always different on the workaround. (Different or older versions of mutlibeast, different OS level, different mother board, etc).

I've documented almost all of my build, and I would like to write it up under the builds section when complete. I would also like to make it a fairly clean build for people to follow, that is one reason I'm looking for what might be the best solution for this.

Thanks advanced everyone!

Best way to solve Atheros Killer E2200 issue-update

I should add a few more details. It detects a generic ethernet on E0.
It always shows up has unplugged. (can't tell if that image worked)
View attachment e2200-post.tiff

Here are the three ktexts: Has anyone had better luck with on over another?
gamester3333's version of Shailua's port of the Qualcomm Atheros alx Ethernet Linux driver for the Killer E2200 controller. Installs ALXEthernet.kext in /System/Library/Extensions.

Mieze’s driver based on Johannes Berg’s alx driver and RealtekRTL811 for the Killer E2200 controller. Installs AtherosE2200Ethernet in /System/Library/Extensions.

Mieze’s driver based on Johannes Berg’s alx driver and RealtekRTL811 for the Killer E2200 controller. Installs AtherosE2200Ethernet in /System/Library/Extensions.

I finally getting a little more brave and looking at these files. I feel better now about just taking some shots and experimenting with these.

Thanks

Last edited:
Ok,

I got brave and used Multibeast and just made a single entry for 2.0 version the Mieze’s driver.
Ethernet works and looks perfect.
View attachment E2200.tiff
I decided that was a later update and new to the release. Well it worked for my E2200 on the gigabyte GT, and was easy. Kind of kicking myself for not trying a while ago.
View attachment working.tiff

tks

Ok,

I got brave and used Multibeast and just made a single entry for 2.0 version the Mieze’s driver.
Ethernet works and looks perfect.

View attachment 147417
I decided that was a later update and new to the release. Well it worked for my E2200 on the gigabyte GT, and was easy. Kind of kicking myself for not trying a while ago.
View attachment 147416

tks

Just wanted to say thanks for following up on your posts and posting pictures. It helped me solve my issue with the NIC drivers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back