OSX Mountain Lion
CPU
i7 3,4Ghz
Graphics
HD6870 1GB Ram
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys,

I've done some research and tests recording Guild Wars 2 gameplay on the OS X.
I've tried:
  1. Camtasia
  2. Screenflow
  3. Quicktime

Do you know any other solutions? Other Software? Better optimisation to be done somewhere?

These listed here produce videos with bad FPS, I guess they are too heavy.
to use with a game.

I would dual boot to Windows 7 for gaming and use FRAPS to record gameplay. FRAPS always records much better if you can record to another hard drive, or a solid state drive, or both!

I have windows 7 installed on my Z77N, i5-3570k, GTX 560 Ti, on its own SSD and use FRAPS to record to that same SSD. In Counter Strike: Global Offensive, I can play at a steady 120 fps while recording at 30 fps with no issues. The only issue would be having enough space on the SSD for all the footage.

I would dual boot to Windows 7 for gaming and use FRAPS to record gameplay. FRAPS always records much better if you can record to another hard drive, or a solid state drive, or both!

I have windows 7 installed on my Z77N, i5-3570k, GTX 560 Ti, on its own SSD and use FRAPS to record to that same SSD. In Counter Strike: Global Offensive, I can play at a steady 120 fps while recording at 30 fps with no issues. The only issue would be having enough space on the SSD for all the footage.

Thanks man, indeed windows side, the tools are way better. The thing is that I'm looking into benchmarking some games on the OSX side, therefore the need to have mac specific capture tools....

So far, I have tried Screenflow, Camtasia and iShowU HD.

I'm doing some tests to see which one is better.

Hey guys,

I've done some research and tests recording Guild Wars 2 gameplay on the OS X.
I've tried:
  1. Camtasia
  2. Screenflow
  3. Quicktime

Do you know any other solutions? Other Software? Better optimisation to be done somewhere?

These listed here produce videos with bad FPS, I guess they are too heavy.
to use with a game.

Have you tried Screenflick? Not sure if it will be any better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back