1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
So I've been pondering the most painless way to get over to Yosemite with Clover.

I saw the guide to get from Mavericks to Yosemite with Chimera but I was thinking of switching over to clover as well so iMessages can also work.

So I'm trying to figure out if the correct route would be to go:
  1. Update to Yosemite with Unibeast and Chimera
  2. Do a switch over from Chimera to Clover using one of the many guides.

Or if I should try to do an upgrade install using the clover bootloader USB.

Primary goals being trying to keep imessages running and to get over to Yosemite.

I'm right here with you! Trying to get iMessage to work... We have a different mainboard perhaps:

GigaByte GA-Z77X-UD5H

I've got everything working in Yosemite with Chimera / Audio / All ports / etc, etc, etc... Except iMessage which is a feature that I really like and use extensively on my MBP...

So now to my hack... I've got some CCC clones so I went back, re-formatted the hard drive and re-cloned Yosemite back to this hard drive... Installed clover with the default settings and the 4 kexts I need: Fake, 2 Ethernet, Null and I'm up and running Yosemite with Clover...

I'm missing audio internally, which I'm okay since I've got a Saffire Pro 24 and I can get audio externally as well... Now to try and see if I can get iMessage to work... That's the goal.

Same issue here in trying to figure out the best way to get over from Chimera Mavericks to Clover Yosemite. Hopefully, we'll get some good guidance with your question.

The safest path is to clone your existing install and upgrade to Yosemite using this guide. After a successful install and you have Yosemite up and running, create a Clover USB (not necessarily a Clover Intsaller) and test your system with. Once successful you can then install Clover to your HD/SSD.

I took the plunge and just did this today. Download Clover. Install. Reboot. Done. I didn't have to do anything else. Didn't copy any ktexts, nada. It just works.. Magic.

iMessage took me a while to figure out all the MLB ROM UUID stuff. Had a few screw ups, had to boot off the USB disk with Chimera, delete EFI DIR's, reinstalled Clover, (multiple times). Finally got the settings right for iMessage to work. Called Apple with the number and everything it working now.

Everything is working perfect now.

Worked for you but not for the majority of users. No reason not to try it providing you have a backup and recovery method...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back