Graphics
Zotec gt-1030
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Does anyone know if a system that will run with minimal efforts/software modding.
No need for 100 different models of hardware.
Is there a project that just works with aml and mac os-x
One system not 10 and all the required tricks.

Best Sierra from scratch.
There must be a mb that's very close to mac?
Only need one of each piece of hardware not 100.

Has anyone built a successful mac - as in proof, everything here seems speculation or some gets something to work and leaves discussions without telling any info.
So can anyone *prove* this is possible with ONE model motherboard and ONE model of cpu. Not guessing, an actually running system!

edit:
Thanks for your help.
I have one working very well.
Will post details soon.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if a system that will run with minimal efforts/software modding.
No need for 100 different models of hardware.
Is there a project that just works with aml and mac os-x
One system not 10 and all the required tricks.

Best Sierra from scratch.
There must be a mb that's very close to mac?
Only need one of each piece of hardware not 100.

Has anyone built a successful mac - as in proof, everything here seems speculation or some gets something to work and leaves discussions without telling any info.
So can anyone *prove* this is possible with ONE model motherboard and ONE model of cpu. Not guessing, an actually running system!

I can understand how the current multitude of choices makes this all look overwhelming to someone new. When I started back in early 2012 there was only one recommended mATX motherboard so I bought that and a Core I3-2105 with HD3000 integrated graphics. It was fully supported by Lion, everything worked the first try. I use Unibeast and Multibeast and followed the standard install guide.

If you simply copy a successful User or Golden Build, buy the exact hardware in that, you've got a 99.9% chance of success if you are willing to invest a little time and effort. There is no way this community would be so large if this didn't work.

I am in the same boat, and I am going to put this build together for a measly 827 euros. (somewhere in the future)
The only thing that will need extra modifications is the NVMe drive.

https://tweakers.net/gallery/443360/wenslijst/
After reading many builds it seems they all have bugs.
Is there a GOLDEN board that doesn't have 'buggy' this or 'buggy' that. Seems lots of clicking thru pages(ad revenue) and alot of people want to know what is the best board to get for a mac.
Don"t need so many models.
Is there ONE that has most of the parts of a real mac?
Seems this is alot of click bate

Is there ONE that has most of the parts of a real mac?
Seems this is alot of click bate

https://www.apple.com/imac/

Running macOS on PC hardware is not for everyone. It is a process that requires some willingness to work at an installation and to the maintenance of that installation. There is no PC hardware is not 100% identical to any mac as Apple use and implement some things differently. Stork has some superb build descriptions and great guides on a number of modern motherboards linked in his signature at the bottom of his post above.

A CustoMac can be a great machine that will that will complete many tasks swiftly and without issue. Some folk have the impression that installing macOS is as easy and straightforward as a fresh Windows install - it is not, there is more to it than that.

Tonymacx86 is a pretty large website that takes a reasonable amount to keep it running. It is paid for by Amazon/Newegg links, donations and other ad revenue from the adverts that you see on these pages. If you prefer not to have adverts while you browse then you are more than welcome to use an ad blocker in your browser.

Scroll down to the bottom of the following linked page to get the forum statistics:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/

https://www.apple.com/imac/

Running macOS on PC hardware is not for everyone. It is a process that requires some willingness to work at an installation and to the maintenance of that installation. There is no PC hardware is not 100% identical to any mac as Apple use and implement some things differently. Stork has some superb build descriptions and great guides on a number of modern motherboards linked in his signature at the bottom of his post above.

A CustoMac can be a great machine that will that will complete many tasks swiftly and without issue. Some folk have the impression that installing macOS is as easy and straightforward as a fresh Windows install - it is not, there is more to it than that.

Tonymacx86 is a pretty large website that takes a reasonable amount to keep it running. It is paid for by Amazon/Newegg links, donations and other ad revenue from the adverts that you see on these pages. If you prefer not to have adverts while you browse then you are more than welcome to use an ad blocker in your browser.

Scroll down to the bottom of the following linked page to get the forum statistics:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/

Thanks and I appreciate this site. I will do more reading.
Donations are no problem, would like to have a working Mac.
You would be saving me lots of cash don't mind sharing. I guess I'm looking for the best mac board out of them all.
Like a bug free build when modded and tweaked but not broken by a simple update.
I am going to send you a donation because I do have Sierra running on a HP Elite 8300 pretty much out of the box and using a $2.00 dongle from ebay for audio. I also have a usb dac. Sometimes both audio is not recognized. Does not see usb ports.
Don't want to use all the time, would like to do a better build.
So Tony you will get some money from me for sure, you deserve it.... this is a great place, just sooo much reading and trying to find stable builds with constant good feedback.
Back to reading
and thanks everyone :)

I do have Sierra running on a HP Elite 8300 pretty much out of the box and using a $2.00 dongle from ebay for audio. I also have a usb dac. Sometimes both audio is not recognized. Does not see usb ports.

I have a Gigabyte H87 build that spends about 90% of its up-time in Windows. I have a USB pair of headphones and a DAC that is connected to a pair of powered speakers. Both of these have an issue where the audio randomly drops out. In Windows it occurs quite often, but it is rare that it happens in OS X. The fix seems to be to unplug, wait 5 seconds and then refit the USB connection and the audio returns. I have several other machines that do not have this issue at all.

There are a few good threads on the HP Elite 8300 computer, both @trs96 and @pastrychef are active on these build descriptions. Does the issue happen after waking from sleep or when using certain applications? Update your Profile to reflect this hardware and ask in the threads for ways to check if this can be remedied.

A quick word on 'updates', Apple is good at throwing both Apple users and CustoMac users curve-balls. Some of the updates over the last few years have given some wifi users inconsistent wifi problems. There is a rich seem of threads on the Apple forums that testify to this. SIP was a significant issue when Apple integrated it in El Capitan not just for CustoMac users but also users of Apple's own products.
Apple have also been playing around with some graphics kexts of late - some of this is actually positive, but there have been folk with some cards like the GT 610 that were shut out. There are some updates that are smoother than others and people get complacent - but Apple with throw another curve-ball to shack things up a bit. Keep on your toes and don't update on day one.

The last bit is important. Not everyone is good at following instructions and following to the latter. Hands up I admit to some simple user errors too - it happens I am not a robot. The number of issues that folk have with modern nvidia GPU installation is well known to moderators, Administrators and many of the regular helpers. Common problems of incorrectly injecting nvida or/also Intel crop up several times a day.

Thank you for considering the site worthy of a donation - it is much appreciated and helps keep the site on the web for everyone to freely visit. Hope that you continue to enjoy the site and enjoy learning something different along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back