i5-10500
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
At just $200 for an 8GB RX580 this is a card that will last you many years to come. You can run either macOS or Windows and get great performance. Really can't go wrong with this deal. Especially if you'll run 2 or 3 4K monitors via DP output. The 6GB 1060s by Nvidia cost from $250 to $270 and don't work with Mojave.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125962

14-125-962-Z01.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! That's a good price! Best to jump on it as it's only on sale for two days.

At just $200 for an 8GB RX580 this is a card that will last you many years to come. You can run either macOS or Windows and get great performance. Really can't go wrong with this deal. Especially if you'll run 2 or 3 4K monitors via DP output. The 6GB 1060s by Nvidia cost from $250 to $270 and don't work with Mojave.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125962

Buyer beware. Those Gigabyte cards have problems. Mine lasted a week before failing. Mine just quit. If you look at the reviews, some of them are leaking fluid (oil?) which can get on the motherboard. Don't know why Gigabyte had production issues with their RX580, but they did.

Here's an early look at next Friday's prices at Newegg. There won't be any RX580s below this price either. Unless they aren't showing them in this preview ad from Newegg.com

Screen Shot.jpg

Last edited:
Buyer beware. Those Gigabyte cards have problems. Mine lasted a week before failing.
Any brand you buy that can happen. They manufacture these so fast with automation, some defective cards will slip through the cracks no matter who makes it. That's what RMA is for. Newegg has very easy returns in these scenarios.

With Gigabyte they always honor your 3 year parts and labor warranty. So no worries there.

Screen_Shot_5.jpg

Any brand you buy that can happen. They manufacture these so fast with automation, some defective cards will slip through the cracks no matter who makes it. That's what RMA is for. Newegg has very easy returns in these scenarios.

With Gigabyte they always honor your 3 year parts and labor warranty. So no worries there.

View attachment 366041

It can, but it happened a lot with that card.

Every Gigabyte graphics card I've bought has worked fine so I haven't had that experience.

The Sapphire Nitro+ RX 570 4GB is going for as low as 160€ in Europe, isn't that a much more reasonable option if hardcore gaming is not a requirement? Will easily drive multiple 4K displays, has native silent BIOS, draws less power.

Newegg will have the MSI RX 570 8GB for 149 US Dollars next Friday. There is a 30 dollar mail in rebate to send in.
See the flier image posted above.

Been using this model for the last 6 months, awesome card!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back