Graphics
Radeon HD 5770
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I recently successfully installed Yosemite on my PC but, like many on here, with no recognizable ethernet ports or wifi adapters. I don't want to go PCIe because I don't have any ports open. So I'd like to know what the most compatible USB wifi adapter is for Yosemite?

EDIT: I should have also probably mentioned I have an EVGA P67 Sli Micro motherboard.

Last edited:
Plugable USB 2.0 to 10/100 Fast Ethernet LAN Wired Network Adapter for Macbook, Chromebook, Windows 8.1 and Earlier, Surface Pro, Wii, Wii U, Linux, and Specific Android Tablets (ASIX AX88772 chipset)
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00484IEJS/

I am going to give this one a try soon. I did some research regarding this, and found that ethernet to usb will more than likely work as opposed to a wifi adapter. Going to test an Asus wifi adapter also just to see if it will work also. One person on Amazon confirmed he had it working in Yosemite. The chipset of the above ethernet usb adapter is supposedly the same as what Apple uses. ASUS (USB-N13) Wireless-N USB Adapter IEEE 802.11b/g/n USB 2.0 Up to 300Mbps Wireless Data Rates. I tried to paste the link for you, but for some reason it didn't work. Gook luck man! I got a panda wifi adapter to work, but can't sign into app store. You have to download drivers for a wifi utility that is used to get you connected. In short, I think the ethernet adapter is the best way to go. I just looked at a forum in regard to the Asus wifi adapter, and it looks like the same thing has to be done with that one. You download kext and files and place them in the right folders etc. A quick google search with help you the most.

I have used the Edimax Wireless AC1200 Dual Band USB 3.0 Adapter (EW-7822UAC)
which requires drivers from Eimax's website. The Edimax worked as advertised, but, since it's only an AC1200, I could only get 867 Mbps 11ac speed and 300 Mbps 11n speed. While the TP-Link TL-WDN4800 PCIe card gets 450 Mbps 11n speed, the Edimax lets you get the both 11n and 11ac for only $32 USD. Not to bad, IMO.

Were you able to achieve app store access using this adapter. I can get internet access with a cheap Panda usb wifi adapter, but even after trying Null-Ethernet tutorial, no app store access. Can't sign in.

Were you able to achieve app store access using this adapter. I can get internet access with a cheap Panda usb wifi adapter, but even after trying Null-Ethernet tutorial, no app store access. Can't sign in.
I have had no problems using the Edimax Wireless AC1200 Dual Band USB 3.0 Adapter (EW-7822UAC).

I have finally achieved app store access. My problem was not mounting the EFI partition before copying required files to respective Clover folders. Using Clover Configurator I mounted it, add finished the instructions. Now a new problem faced by many with Software Update. Keeps offering Thunderbolt Firmware Update 1.2. The update will not install, and the prompt to install it does not cease. Incidentally, I am using a cheap Panda wireless adapter purchased from Amazon. 13.95$.

Does this USB Wifi Adapter work with Mac OSX Yosemite 10.10.1?
And please let me know whether this comes with drivers cd with Mac OSX drivers?
Will this also work with 2.4G Wifi Networks.
Are you able to access everything on the Internet including the Apple App Store?
Please let me know.
Thank You
Regards

Does this USB Wifi Adapter work with Mac OSX Yosemite 10.10.1?
And please let me know whether this comes with drivers cd with Mac OSX drivers?
Will this also work with 2.4G Wifi Networks.
Are you able to access everything on the Internet including the Apple App Store?
Please let me know.
Thank You
Regards

Iel9LSS.png

as you can see in the informations, it support Mac etc.. I don't know if it will be compatible in Hackintosh. I'm buying one tonight. Will get it in 1 month maybe as i'm from Mauritius. Hope it works lol.. I'll post again if it does :)

Hello, friends! I'd like to know what the most compatible USB wifi adapter is for Hackintosh 10.11 e 10.12 ?

Does any of these work? (Edimax EW-7811UTC WI1 chip1: Realtek RTL8811AU), (TP-LINK Archer T1U WI1 chip1: MediaTek MT7610U), (ASUS USB-N13 rev A1 WI1 chip1: Ralink RT3072), (TP-LINK TL-WN822N WI1 chip1: Atheros AR7010, WI1 chip2: Atheros AR9287, Chipset: Atheros AR9002U-2NG) ??

I have had no problems using the Edimax Wireless AC1200 Dual Band USB 3.0 Adapter (EW-7822UAC).
It works in El Capitan and Sierra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back