Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo
CPU
Intel Core i5
Graphics
Intel Integrated Graphics
Hi there, I am new to the world of Hackintoshing and this forum so I'm sorry if its in the wrong place.

I just built my first Hackintosh (Lenovo 1440p Laptop) and I want to upgrade its HHD to an SSD soon. Is there a tool or any easy way to make an exact copy of the current Lenovo HDD with all the EFI partition, kexts etc that I can put on the SSD so that I don't have to do a clean install again? Thanks in advance for all your help.

Hi,
I would use Disk Utility to format the new drive. Then use Carbon Copy Cloner to clone the HDD.
This will not copy the EFI partition though. You will need to do that manually. Use Clover Configurator to mount both the EFI partitions. Drag, drop and replace the EFI folder to the new drive. Be careful to note which partition is which when you are mounting them. And make sure you click replace NOT merge.

Thanks so much for your help. Which format should I use when I format the SSD. APFS?

Yes, I think that is the way to go. It will probably work in Journalled Extended but APFS is better for the newer systems. You might want to research - lenovo laptop format to make sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back