i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
For those of who have sleep/wake with no CMOS reset on reboot to work for Gigabyte z68 board, can you please share how you did it? So far from what I gather, there are 3 options:

1. Apply patch to /S/L/E/AppleRTC.Kext.
2. Use AppleRTC from SL 10.6.8.
or
3. Use application called "Please Sleep".

BTW, can AppleRTC.kext be patched and placed on Extra/Extension folder rather than in S/L/E folder?

Thanks,

I had that happen a couple times but for a diffrent reason when i would try to wake the computer would act like it was wakeing and then would sleep again forceing me to hard reset the computer makeing my bios clear i also noticed if while it was attempoting to wake back up if i pressed a mouse or keyboard button again it resumed from the sleep not sure if this is of any use to you but mabey when its starting to wake mash the space bar a few times :-/ it kinda upsets me cause everthing working in snow leopard for me and now im dealing with this crap but mabey new dsdt's will come out and mabey a new multibeast to address isues some of us are haveing

My Hack Pro has a bad case of insomnia, too. Pretty much the only issue I have with my rig though. Dual boot, Graphics, CI/QE everything's running smoothly :thumb up:

EDIT: To be more clear, I can sleep the computer, but when I try to wake it up by pressing a button I can hear everything spin back up but the screen stays black, forcing me to do a hard reset and getting a nice CMOS reset in the process...

Just to report back, I was able to rectify the CMOS resets after sleep by adding the AppleRTC 1.3.1 kext from OS 10.6.8. Still, after putting my rig to sleep it only wakes to a black screen, forcing me to hard reset o_O What's that all about? :crazy: :mrgreen:

Same problem! I thought it might be an issue with my graphics card being non reference design. The official Apple 5770 has mini DV ports and mine does not. Also, at the moment my card registers as having two inputs connected, when I've only got one hooked up. I've got the "screens" mirrored because I found it annoying that my mouse would disappear to the right all the time and I thought this might be an issue. Though from what I understand this might be because the ATI5000.kext needs to be modified for non reference cards to work with the correct outputs.

I am going to look into it a bit and get back to you.

J

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back