Contribute
Register

Best single slot GPU found so far... FirePro W7000

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of my Hacks have sleep issues. The W7000 is back in the cMP. No sleep issues there either with 3 monitors running. So glad to have my "semi-truck" Mac back online. I have to wonder how much sleep issues are tied to audio because I always use one of the following solutions:

Topping TP23 amp with direct USB to hack
Topping TP32 amp with direct USB to hack
Behringer UCA222 USB to analog DAC

No customization required, all work natively as Mac devices.

Hi @macs_forever i’ve seen that u’re a W7000 user, i’ve made today a new built (asus h81m plus,i5 4460 3,2 ghz, 8gb ddr3 kingstone 1600mhz, ssd crucial 250gb, 500w psu, case itek spacebox) everything goes well.
I got the w7000 working with a philips p288 4k dp to dp and 2 1600x1200 monitor with active dp adapter to dvi, the third monitor is black but it is recognized as the other.
U know any trick to make it work?
Thx

On the Mac Pro I used 2 dp to DVI adapters (came with the card) and DP to DP for a 2560x1440 monitor with no issues. I've never tried 3 monitors with the Hackintosh. If you have any clover tweaks or Kexts for ATI video, I'd disable/remove them. I didn't have anything configured for the W7000, it just worked.

First test the monitors and cables. If all monitors work with all cable combinations as a 2 display system then you need to figure out what is happening in clover.

On the Mac Pro I used 2 dp to DVI adapters (came with the card) and DP to DP for a 2560x1440 monitor with no issues. I've never tried 3 monitors with the Hackintosh. If you have any clover tweaks or Kexts for ATI video, I'd disable/remove them. I didn't have anything configured for the W7000, it just worked.

First test the monitors and cables. If all monitors work with all cable combinations as a 2 display system then you need to figure out what is happening in clover.

If disconnect 1 monitor other 2 goes up, W7000 is recognized as radeon hd 7600,even at boot 2 monitor are up and 1 no, i put into efi/clover/kext/other lilu.kext e whatevergreen.kext.
I also try to change the active dp to dvi adapter to a dp to dvi cable but nothing change, led on black screen is green like the other one that works.
I’ll try remove kext and let you know thx

I Try to remove lilu e whatever green and nothing change, I've read an analog story of a guy that enable the igpu to use one monitor and the ati for the other two.
So i re enable the igpu and used it to boot up the 4k monitor, the other two goes up and 3 monitor runs, only thing that the intel hd 4600 need drivers.
I've try intel fix on multibeast and intel hd4600 kext but nothing.
any suggestion?
thx

What OS are you running? The W7000 should come up as a W7000 under 10.13.4
w7000.png

success!!
Made a clean install of 10.13.4 with the igpu on primary, when system was on i’ve checked graphics and saw the 2 graphics card w7000 with his memory and hd 4600 with 5mb.
Used multibeast fixed the 4600, ethernet, fakesmc, definition macpro5.1 and reboot.
Boot superfast, then i put in the other two monitor on w7000 and..lights goes green and screen black and the 2 monitor recognized in monitor !!
After that i reboot, went into bios put intel off than boot, one screen was yellow and the other black,reboot again then went into clover boot option there was inject intel, reboot again.
One monitor works but boot was stuck at half, reboot again clover boot option inject ati, ati bios, denit.
Boot again and two monitor goes up, the last one was off, power on and finally three monitor works on w7000!!
Thanks again @macs_forever for help!

Attachments

• A3EDC008-FD01-4B42-BD6F-321530C259AC.jpeg
    A3EDC008-FD01-4B42-BD6F-321530C259AC.jpeg
    773.4 KB · Views: 167
success!!
Made a clean install of 10.13.4 with the igpu on primary, when system was on i’ve checked graphics and saw the 2 graphics card w7000 with his memory and hd 4600 with 5mb.
Used multibeast fixed the 4600, ethernet, fakesmc, definition macpro5.1 and reboot.
Boot superfast, then i put in the other two monitor on w7000 and..lights goes green and screen black and the 2 monitor recognized in monitor !!
After that i reboot, went into bios put intel off than boot, one screen was yellow and the other black,reboot again then went into clover boot option there was inject intel, reboot again.
One monitor works but boot was stuck at half, reboot again clover boot option inject ati, ati bios, denit.
Boot again and two monitor goes up, the last one was off, power on and finally three monitor works on w7000!!
Thanks again @macs_forever for help!

So, you needed Inject ATI, Load VBios, and RadeonDeInit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back