Contribute
Register

Best Sierra USB Wifi+BT Out Of the Box

Status
Not open for further replies.
RehabMan,
I have a Realtek 8821AE ac wifi/BT combo card that came with a prebuilt Asus desktop. I know that this wifi card does not work in MacOS but is it possible to have the BT part works? I have installed BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext, BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext & BrcmPatchRAM2.kext but it does not load. This is the BT hardware ID
Product ID: 0x3414
Vendor ID: 0x13d3 (AzureWave Technologies, Inc.)
I saw you listed [13d3:3413] as tested but mine is very close to this [13d3:3414].

RehabMan,
I have a Realtek 8821AE ac wifi/BT combo card that came with a prebuilt Asus desktop. I know that this wifi card does not work in MacOS but is it possible to have the BT part works? I have installed BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext, BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext & BrcmPatchRAM2.kext but it does not load. This is the BT hardware ID
Product ID: 0x3414
Vendor ID: 0x13d3 (AzureWave Technologies, Inc.)
I saw you listed [13d3:3413] as tested but mine is very close to this [13d3:3414].

13d3:3414 is not supported by BrcmPatchRAM.
BrcmPatchRAM firmware sets are based on the Windows drivers. Current Broadcom BT windows drivers (v921 on station-drivers.com), no support for 3414.
It could be that 3414 has built-in firmware. Check in Windows.

13d3:3414 is not supported by BrcmPatchRAM.
BrcmPatchRAM firmware sets are based on the Windows drivers. Current Broadcom BT windows drivers (v921 on station-drivers.com), no support for 3414.
It could be that 3414 has built-in firmware. Check in Windows.
Thank you! It seems too complicated for me. I'll just replace it with the one that have been tested and supported.

I dont know if this helps but ive been using a tp-link t4u for years in multiple hackintoshes without any problems whatsoever. It is a usb wifi but no bluetooth. app store and itunes have never had any problems. as far as sleep, well who the hell knows if it has any effect, that has always been a pain. you do need to download the drivers and instal them but no kexts or anything else. pretty much works ootb. good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back