Contribute
Register

Will this work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking to build the best of the best hackintosh and was curious what the best components would be for this. I'd be using Premiere and After Effects primarily if that helps. Thanks for any advice, and I am looking forward to get the build going. Thanks.

I do see the Buyer's Guide, but wasn't sure if items are listed in top down kind of way as the best components are at the top. Basically I don't want to buy something and it not be the best that is out there that is compatible.

Last edited:
Right now the best of the Buyer's Guide choices are under the CustoMac Pro section. An I7-6700K and a Z170 motherboard loaded up with 64 GB of DDR4 ram and a GTX 1080 Ti can give you very good performance editing in Premiere Pro and AE. You can also go with the fastest NVME drives available. Those require some extra work / kexts etc.

I appreciate the info and advice as well. I don't really want to deal with any extra kexts or etc. any more than I have to. Going to get a parts list lined out and start ordering late tonight or tomorrow. Glad I found this site.

Post your complete parts list here and we'll take a look at it for you.

So far this is what I've came up with...
Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Gaming 9
Intel Core i7-7700K

I wasn't sure if that would be the best motherboard but seemed right from what little I know. I've been trying to do my research on the other parts I will need so I don't have to ask to many questions and be a pest. I'm not super concerned about the cost of the build because I figure if I were to buy a new Mac Pro, assuming they ever actually make a decent refresh of it, would cost $10k. So if I spend like $2k or so I'd be ok with that. If the two parts above are good choices then I will try to nail down the cooling system and go from there. Thanks again trs96 for the help.

If you want liquid cooling this will fit in many ATX cases. Check the specs to make sure of clearance.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HKEI3EY/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
If you want air cooling go with a Noctua cooler. Those are ultra quiet if that's important for your work.

CPU and motherboard choices look perfect. Can't do much better than that.

Awesome.
I'd prefer the most quiet cooling possible without giving up performance of it to keep things cool. I did notice something about the motherboard and cooling and didn't know if it would influence what would work best...
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128961

I can't tell if it recommends water cooling from the info here or not, but seems like water may be the way to go.

I'll check that one out. Yeah I could care less what it looks like inside seems as how looks mean nothing.

I did some more looking on the cooling and found this one to have a ton of reviews compared to others and seems to be very well received...thoughts?
CORSAIR Hydro Series H105 Extreme Performance 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler, CW-9060016-WW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back