Contribute
Register

Best motherboard out there currently comparability wise? Golden build mobos aren’t available to purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all

Getting into a new Hackintosh build and want to know what the best motherboard out there currently is comparability wise. My previous mobo (Z77-DS3H) was a breeze at installing, and I’m looking for something similar if possible?

I’ve of course looked at the golden builds forum but those motherboards aren’t readily available anymore.

Thank you all

Selecting a board for the center piece of your build depends on many factors:
Tower/miniTower/cube case - how much room you have on your desktop, what type board you need for your use
Since your current build is a full ATX, it has at least 5 PCI slots - do you use all of them?
You have a lot of USB ports - do you need all of them? Do you need USB 3.2 or form C? Do you need Thunderbolt?
Do you need a GPU or can you use the CPU graphics? Do you want more than one NVMe drive?
I would suggest you sit down and make a list of the hardware you are using and how it is all connected.
Then take a look at each type board - eATX, ATX, mATX, ITX, etc. Which one will satisfy all of your needs?
Research reviews on your major parts from different manufacturers - do you prefer Gigabyte/MSI/Asrock/Asus/Elite, etc for the board?
When choosing parts, do not just look at Golden Builds - also look at the User Builds. There are quite a few of them that are excellent builds and the builder has done good work in getting everything operational. Also consider do you need:
  • Continuity:
    - Handoff
    - iMessage
    - Continuity Camera
    - Universal Clipboard
    - Instant Hotspot
    - Air Drop
    - iPhone Cellular Calls
    - Auto Unlock
    - Apple Pay
  • Sleep (fans and RGB LEDs included)
  • Power Nap (sleep with background operations such as Time Machine)
  • Wake
  • Audio
  • Ethernet
  • Bluetooth
  • WiFi
  • All USB and USB 3.1 ports
  • Nightshift

Then find a build that has all of the above or combine builds until you are satisfied that your build will do what you need, then go for it and order your parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back