Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
best motherboard for hackintosh i7 2600k

I was thinking on the GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 but that board is starting to get old right?

anyways wanna stay 300 or under

Don't forget I have a i7 2600k with 8Gb memory..

thanks to anyone that can point something out

Best regards.

Supposedly UD3 isn't that great for over clocking a 2600k. Check out the reviews on new egg. You'd be better off with the UD5 if they get it back in stock. Looking at building the same system myself.

Good Luck

ud3 is great for overclocking mine is stable at 4.7 w/ stock voltage
the issue w/ overclocking seems to be tied to the different production runs of the 2600k.

GA-P67A-UD3-B3 is the better board imo

The only real advantage in z68 chipset is in bus for intel graphics. If you are using discrete graphics the P67 series is better because it's slightly less expensive but is exactly the same board.

z68 and p67 (ud3) will perform the same in OC-ing

To be honest I don't even recommend the k series CPU. I have built a bunch of systems based on the 2600 series, and have found the i7-2600 on the P67A-UD3-B3 to be the wining combo in price to performance.

The non K is already blazing fast and cheap. The K series is slightly faster in OC but you pay more and it has a shorter life.

That's my 2 cents.

Ty

Hi Forum friends,
I have a Asus maximus IV Extreme Z with 32GM ram , 2GB Graphic card, i7 2600k processor and am interested in converting it to a hackintosh, . is it possible? Please help me. thanks

Hi Forum friends,
I have a Asus maximus IV Extreme Z with 32GM ram , 2GB Graphic card, i7 2600k processor and am interested in converting it to a hackintosh, . is it possible? Please help me. thanks
Did you bother trying to search before you posted? Try putting Asus Maximux IV Extreme Z in the search box. You might be surprised at what you find.

Did you bother trying to search before you posted? Try putting Asus Maximux IV Extreme Z in the search box. You might be surprised at what you find.
Thanks Going Bald, i saw the links you suggested. there is one with the bios settings but when i opened up my settings there were some differences. in the link posted by the site there is a mention of an ivy bridge while the asus maximus iv extreme z i use is asandy bridge lga 1155. Kindly kelp. Thanks

Thanks Going Bald, i saw the links you suggested. there is one with the bios settings but when i opened up my settings there were some differences. in the link posted by the site there is a mention of an ivy bridge while the asus maximus iv extreme z i use is asandy bridge lga 1155. Kindly kelp. Thanks
LGA1155 is both Sandy and Ivy bridge. With a BIOS upgrade you could use an Ivy Bridge CPU on a Sandy Bridge board. Ivy Bridge board is alread backwards compatible with Sandt Bridge CPU. Not saying it is a good idea to mix'n'match Sandy with Ivy, just that it can be done.

You might take a look at http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/01/intels-new-sandy-bridge-and-mac-os-x.html
and http://lifehacker.com/5929123/how-to-install-os-x-1074-on-your-hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back