Motherboard
ASUS Z270i ITX
CPU
i5 6600K
Graphics
EVGA 960
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
I'm making the switch! I've been using Windows 7 almost all the time, but I still love the OS on my 2008/9 Mac.
My gaming build currently has :

MSI R9 390
i5 4690K
MSI Gaming 5 Mobo
SM951 512 GB M.2/1 TB HD
NZXT H440

I'd like to stray away from big cases and move down to a small mini itx. The buyer's guide is limited to the newer skylake mobos... is there anything that I can scrap and use from my old build to work with mini-itx? I'd like to have 2-4 USB 3.0 ports if possible and the whole shabam with imessage compatibility and such- also 32 GB of RAM capability and a graphics card capability so I can hopefully install my R9 390 or purchase a smaller one. I'm going to have a dual boot to choose windows and macintosh.

My preferred case is probably this one : http://www.quietpcusa.com/Streacom-F1C-EVO-Mini-ITX-HTPC-Chassis.aspx
If anyone has one that looks like this that's better than let me know!

Also to mention I have a 750 watt powersupply. I'd like to use as much as my old parts as possible...

THANK YOU!

I'm making the switch! I've been using Windows 7 almost all the time, but I still love the OS on my 2008/9 Mac.
My gaming build currently has :

MSI R9 390
i5 4690K
MSI Gaming 5 Mobo
SM951 512 GB M.2/1 TB HD
NZXT H440

I'd like to stray away from big cases and move down to a small mini itx. The buyer's guide is limited to the newer skylake mobos... is there anything that I can scrap and use from my old build to work with mini-itx? I'd like to have 2-4 USB 3.0 ports if possible and the whole shabam with imessage compatibility and such- also 32 GB of RAM capability and a graphics card capability so I can hopefully install my R9 390 or purchase a smaller one. I'm going to have a dual boot to choose windows and macintosh.

My preferred case is probably this one : http://www.quietpcusa.com/Streacom-F1C-EVO-Mini-ITX-HTPC-Chassis.aspx
If anyone has one that looks like this that's better than let me know!

Also to mention I have a 750 watt powersupply. I'd like to use as much as my old parts as possible...

THANK YOU!
Look at the case spec - you will not get a discrete GPU in that case. You will be restricted to CPU graphics.
Case has a 24VDC jack in the back indicating an exterior power brick PSU.
About the only thing you can re-use from your existing build is the SSD and maybe the RAM. If you buy Skylake with DDR4 RAM requirement you can forget re-using your DDR3 RAM from the Haswell build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back