i3-3220
Graphics
GTX 650
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So, I was digging around my room and came across an old Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600. Seeing as it's intel, I don't see why it wouldn't be compatible with hackintoshing. I also have an ATI Radeon HD 5850. Basically, I'm just wanting to know what mATX motherboard would be most compatible. Thanks!

best 775 matx board is a tough one, seeing as any you do find will be used, or extremely limited in choice.

with 775, brand doesnt matter. just try to get one with an intel chipset (dont go for nvidia), with realtek/atheros lan, and preferably realtek audio.
gigabyte mainly used realtek/realtek on their 775 boards (which was why they were the boards of choice back in then) so your best bet is a gigabyte 775 matx board. if you dont mind about audio (via audio can be hit or miss at times), then you can look at asus etc.
as to a specific model, refer to the first line. go for one you can find cheaply, which ticks as many boxes as possible.

Thanks a lot for your quick reply!! I'll go look on eBay right now. Will an LGA 775 system run Mountain Lion?? I don't see why it wouldn't, especially paired with an ATI Radeon HD 5850..

Alright, good to know. So, I ended up finding a Biostar P43D3 INTEL LGA 775 P43 CHIPSET ATX Motherboard GIGABIT LAN AUDIO DDR3. It supports the Core 2 Quad, and has Realtek audio, and Realtek Ethernet. Just one more question, will I just select 'easybeast' when installing multibeast? Because I don't remember seeing a DSDT for Biostar motherboards..

Alright, good to know. So, I ended up finding a Biostar P43D3 INTEL LGA 775 P43 CHIPSET ATX Motherboard GIGABIT LAN AUDIO DDR3. It supports the Core 2 Quad, and has Realtek audio, and Realtek Ethernet. Just one more question, will I just select 'easybeast' when installing multibeast? Because I don't remember seeing a DSDT for Biostar motherboards..

I also found a Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2PT mATX LGA775 G41 DDR3 1PCI-E16 1PCI 2PCI-E1 Video Sound GBLAN Motherboard that's still available on NCIX. Seeing as this one is Gigabyte, this one is my best bet??

There are a couple of threads on the Gigabyte board.
So at least you would have a guide to go by.
You should also check legacy forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back