Contribute
Register

Best Laptop for Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can recommend a used ZBook 17 G5. If you can get it with WX-4170 MXM GPU, you'll get 99% of a 16" MacBookPro, and as far as expansion/ports/thermals, it runs circles around it.
And less than 1/3rd the price

Wow. I'd like to see how Final Cut Pro X does on that!
Coming back to this topic after a bit of research, I've been told that AMD based Laptops are a complete "no-go" for hackintosh purposes. Seems strange given the progress made with desktop AMD Hack's. But then I'm absolutely just a novice in the nitty-gritty of hackintoshing, even though I've been doing it on and off for almost 10 years.

I just ended up purchasing a HP Pavilion 16.1 with GTX 1660 ti (max q) with a i5-10300h. I'm likely going to try OpenCore on it when I get a second Drive. The AMD Card would have been nice but there just aren't much of any options I could find in laptops with Intel cpu's and AMD gpu's...

Coming back to this topic after a bit of research, I've been told that AMD based Laptops are a complete "no-go" for hackintosh purposes. Seems strange given the progress made with desktop AMD Hack's. But then I'm absolutely just a novice in the nitty-gritty of hackintoshing, even though I've been doing it on and off for almost 10 years.

I just ended up purchasing a HP Pavilion 16.1 with GTX 1660 ti (max q) with a i5-10300h. I'm likely going to try OpenCore on it when I get a second Drive. The AMD Card would have been nice but there just aren't much of any options I could find in laptops with Intel cpu's and AMD gpu's...
That's really not the case anymore. As of this May, AMD/Asus just released a new 5900XM & RX6800M based laptop which I believe should be macOS compatible (11.4).

As for your i5-10300H it should be able to run macOS no problem via the Intel iGPU. You'll just have to disable your 2060 with wegnoegpu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back