GFX 460
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hey guys,

want to get your opinion on the best keyboard/mouse combo for developing. I am currently using the Apple BT keyboard and magic mouse but I still find them a bit lacking. What kind of keyboard/mouse do you use?

Grooby

I use apple wired keyboard but i find it a bit painful to use after writing for a while. I sometimes use a Logitech G110 and it is a very comfortable keyboard but doesn't remap the winkey to cmdkey.

Check Microsoft Hardware. You'll find a lot good keyboards. I liked the ARC Keyboard ;) :thumbup:

I actually really like the wired Apple keyboard with 10 key. I use one at home and work.

I've become very accustomed to that style of key layout from the laptops I've owned over the years.

My mice are nothing special; cheap, wired, and optical. The one I have at home is a Logitech, at work I it's the HP one that came with my box.

I am a huge fan of the noisy, clicky, mechanical keyboards. I type considerably faster on them, and the sound, for me, promotes some sort of weird "I'm working" zen.

Personally, I use a Razer Blackwidow. The Das Keyboard, or many others, may also serve you well. They also make quieter versions, but I have no idea how well they work.

My favourite is the Logitech K750 Wireless KB with Solar Charger. You can get them either as Win or Mac Version. To see a Photo, click the Link for my GA-H67N Build in my Sig

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2012-01-20 um 21.31.23.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2012-01-20 um 21.31.23.png
    115.8 KB · Views: 463
Hi All,
I have just bought a mechanical blue cherry switch Coolermaster CM Storm Trigger and cannot for the life of me find out how to get the Apple command key responsive on this in line with the coolermaster special key on the keyboard.

My cheap and nasty logitech even works in line with the windows key but the high end mechanical keyboard won't. Seems like the Trigger software for the keyboard is only PC compatible.

Anyone know a solution to this?

Thanks.

i also recommend a mechanical keyboard.

short briefing: mechanical keyboards use mechanical switches instead of those little rubber stuff to register keys. they give better feedback, makes typing enjoyable, keys are more responsive, and many other nice features.
those switches come in few kinds, but the common ones are - blue/brown for major 'clicking' (can register keys mid-click with the audible click sounds, also known as 'touch-typing'), and black/red for more old fashion typing ('linear' key registering, less clicking noise, keys bounce back real fast).

i personally use a thermaltake gaming keyboard with black switches - insanely fun to type on, gives nice sound and feedback, yet not noisy like the blue switches (my brother has the das keyboard, man it sounds like a machinegun!).

I think the magic mouse is a superb bit of design, and at £59 it had to be !

I have had dozens of the little bleeders but this magic mouse is growing on me more and more, a neat bit of kit . . . but for me always a wired keyboard, I have the full sized Apple MB110B/B looks good, works fine !

Nige

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back