Contribute
Register

best Graphic Cards OOB or almost

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you will agree these edits are much different from the previous version. It is as important to know what you did not do as it is to see what you did. The only way I can answer your question is to see your edited dsdt. Attach you dsdt and a copy of IOReg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg.
Indeed.
Attached info you requested.

Indeed.
Attached info you requested.
Delete HDEF hda-gfx injection. It should be present for HD3000 HDMI audio only (should be onboard-1).

Guess what, all the HD3000 code is present in your dsdt. Assuming the BIOS supports Enable Integrated Graphics, your system may support AirPlay Mirroring with the HD3000 HDMI audio edits.

Delete HDEF hda-gfx injection. It should be present for HD3000 HDMI audio only (should be onboard-1).

Guess what, all the HD3000 code is present in your dsdt. Assuming the BIOS supports Enable Integrated Graphics, your system may support AirPlay Mirroring with the HD3000 HDMI audio edits.

No AirPlay display mirroring for me, BIOS has no option for Integrated Graphics. I have other build with GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3, I will give AirPlay Mirroring a try. Thanks a bunch!

G'day all,
What is the best graphic cards with HDMI including and DVI ports that is out of the box (OOB) or almost with minimal editing?

I'm looking for an graphic card to suit me for HTPC setup with TV, it has to have HDMI with audio. Including sleep without Sleep Enabler.

Thankyou
AP

GTX 670 have been working without issues here.

The gigaByte 2gb one works oob?? no patch?

Recognize, not all Nvidia 6xx graphics card are Kepler; those not Kepler are relabeled Fermi.

To clarify all GTX 6xx series cards are Kepler. The GT 6xx are Fermi. The following chart lists the models and "code name." The "GFxxx" code is for the Fermi cards, the "GKxxx" code is for the Kepler cards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_600_Series#Products

I sold my GTX 480 (Fermi card) last week and will buy a Kepler card in the next few weeks to replace it. Running 10.8.2 the Fermi card worked until something graphic intensive pushed the card. At that point the card would freeze. The machine never generated a kernel panic and stayed running but the graphics just became unresponsive. One of the standard screen savers was able to make it happen as well as a game.

To clarify all GTX 6xx series cards are Kepler. The GT 6xx are Fermi. The following chart lists the models and "code name." The "GFxxx" code is for the Fermi cards, the "GKxxx" code is for the Kepler cards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_600_Series#Products

I sold my GTX 480 (Fermi card) last week and will buy a Kepler card in the next few weeks to replace it. Running 10.8.2 the Fermi card worked until something graphic intensive pushed the card. At that point the card would freeze. The machine never generated a kernel panic and stayed running but the graphics just became unresponsive. One of the standard screen savers was able to make it happen as well as a game.

That clears up more to know where to look at, I didn't know about this until read above and wiki.
Cheers
AP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back