CPU
Intell Core i5 4690
Graphics
MSI GTX770 Twin Frozr OC
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've been reading these forums for some time. I used to post a lot but as my build got older and older there isn't a whole lot I can offer to todays questions...so I lurk :(

But, I got some extra cash and I want to buy a new GPU. Preferably one that's 100% compatible with 10.8.3. Which basically boils down to:
- It has to perform great for games (my gtx560ti runs games horribly on mac, world of warcraft runs at like 15fps, windows it's more like 120)
- It has to be supported out of the box
- It has to work with the new nvidia drivers (something tells me those are good drivers!)

Any help is greatly appreciated. If you have some data (like fps in which game etc) please let me know as well!

Many thanks in advance!

I havent played WoW for awhile, but i did in the start of Mist, and I had no issues keeping 60 FPS on my GTX285 which i had back then.
I think something is wrong with your 560ti, possibly some agpm or similar.
I now have a GTX660OC and it's usually around 50-75% faster than my GTX285 was in games, so I'm pretty sure it would do well over 100 FPS in WoW,
but I cannot test this.

You could download Unigine Heaven (free) and see how it measures up versus these cards:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...nchmarks-10-8-3-geforce-gt-640-gtx-680-a.html

Thanks for the quick response! I'm pretty sure the GPU is fine, as under Windows it performs excellent. I've tried fooling around with the correct AGPM settings, but unfortunately I simply cannot get it to work and thus performance is kinda horrible.

It's therefor I really want a card that just works out of the box. No funky stuff or anything, just good performance out of the box :)

I can confirm my Asus GTX 660 DCII-oc worked just fine out of the box.
The only thing I did was settings graphicsenabler=no and it worked like a charm.
It's not the fastest card there is, but it's plenty fast. It should be around 30% faster than the 560ti.
A 670 is around 15% faster, but almost twice as expensive where I live.

edit: you run 10.7? I think the GTX6xx series need 10.8.3 to work perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back