MSI Geforce GTX 560 Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi there...
I am planning to build my first Hackintosh. To make life easier I think I'll look for a golden build system.
But there are so many... and now here comes my question.

Is there a Golden build system or a very recommendable build which is perfekt for Photoshop/Indesign/Cinema 4d?
Somewhere I once have read, that some Graphic-Cards are better for Photoshop etc than other cards.
My system should be around 1500 to 2000 € max...
I am also planning on putting windows on it for some games... but I mustn't play with highest graphic-settings.

Thanks for your help

There is no "perfekt" Hackintosh build, you will always find things to dislike about them... But for design stuff at least get a good-looking case if it will be placed on a desk.

Someone else will have to comment on the image quality of video cards; nVidia or ATI? which is better? I would think nVidia, that is the situation in Windows and probably Mac as well although I can't confirm it

Depends. I am in the same boat as you and I am research the heck out this. I use video tools so I know I want an I7 for rendering. I want a small form factor but mATX boards are hard to come by with gigabyte z77 series (i'd like the option to over clock). So then its [h=1]ASUS P8Z77-M which has good reports of of working. [/h]This is probably overkill but gives you the best future proof:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-builds/70066-i7-3770k-ga-z77-up5-th-audio-production.html
add a nVidia GX 660 or 670 and you should have a good machine.
If your going to game, I'd say the latter.

Hi there...
I am planning to build my first Hackintosh. To make life easier I think I'll look for a golden build system.
But there are so many... and now here comes my question.

Is there a Golden build system or a very recommendable build which is perfekt for Photoshop/Indesign/Cinema 4d?
Somewhere I once have read, that some Graphic-Cards are better for Photoshop etc than other cards.
My system should be around 1500 to 2000 € max...
I am also planning on putting windows on it for some games... but I mustn't play with highest graphic-settings.

Thanks for your help

For 3d work, you want a 580/570 not a 6XX card. The 680/670/660ti cards are generally substantially inferior to the 5XX cards for those tasks.

Given your budget, you might want to consider a x79/2011 build with a 3930k rather than a z77/1155. Most, but not all x79 boards will take 8 memory dimms for a max of 64gb ram and the 3930k is a 6 core chip. But this is significantly more expensive, in the USA you would be looking at $300-$450 for the motherboard and $500-$600 for the CPU. So that might not be affordable in Europe.

For 3d work, you want a 580/570 not a 6XX card. The 680/670/660ti cards are generally substantially inferior to the 5XX cards for those tasks.

Given your budget, you might want to consider a x79/2011 build with a 3930k rather than a z77/1155. Most, but not all x79 boards will take 8 memory dimms for a max of 64gb ram and the 3930k is a 6 core chip. But this is significantly more expensive, in the USA you would be looking at $300-$450 for the motherboard and $500-$600 for the CPU. So that might not be affordable in Europe.

Huh, I've been told multiple times (even with maya) to get the 6xx card. Isn't there compatibility issues with mtn lion with the 580/570?

Nevermind, I guess your right:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-advice/71576-gtx-580-vs-gtx-670-ml.html

good think I didn't buy one yet. Research, research, research!!!
The amount of research you need to do to get something tailor made is hard. It usually was Newer is better,...but im afraid in our user friendly becoming world, the tech and hardware gets harder and more and more specific. Im learning for half a year to get back up to a decent level,...its hard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back