Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am running 10.6.3 basically flawlessly on my Hackintosh using a GeForce 9500.
If I wanted to update that card what are some good choices that will work without a lot of extra effort?

we ran 1Gb Pallit 9500GTs with Graphics enabler=Yes on UD2 and UD4 (using the HDMI and DVI outputs on the 9500)

Powered down the boxes removed those cards, fitted Inno3D GTX260-216 cards in their place

Hooked those up via their twin DVI outputs and powered back up

Straight back onto the OSX desktop no problem at all - all we had to do was reset the background wallpaper :)

I'm using the Gigabyte GV-N98TSL-1GI Silent Cell... Works OOB with GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

Using 2 displays via DVI & VGA.

Good Luck,
Lnx2Mac

Best + Easiest = Any GTX 2xx card besides the 295. I really wouldn't buy them new though, as they're so overpriced right now.

Jocelyn84 said:
Best + Easiest = Any GTX 2xx card besides the 295. I really wouldn't buy them new though, as they're so overpriced right now.

Are you sure Jocelyn? If so could you provide me with the "best/easiest" way to get a GTX 260 working in SL? Sorry this probably sounds really noobish, but I haven't tested any of the GTX series yet.

A lot of people have the 260 on this forum, and they're working fine. In fact I even have two of them working in Snow. I can only speak for Evga and BFG, though it shouldn't matter, but I don't see why they wouldn't work with GraphicsEnabler in the com.apple.boot.plist. I'll be the first to admit, getting two of them working was a pain and took me over a week to figure out, but one was a breeze and worked out of the box with GraphicsEnabler.

i'm leaning toward the silent cell 9800, but i'd like to hear more about the 2xx gtx series..

s0ldats said:
i'm leaning toward the silent cell 9800, but i'd like to hear more about the 2xx gtx series..

I use a Sparkle GTX 260+:
DVI_1: 1920x1200
DVI_2 -> HDMI: 1920x1080
No problems at all, working with GraphicsEnabler=Yes.
(If the second Monitor is plugged, the card isn't in 2D-mode anymore, this means 20W more energy-consumption but has nothing to do with OSX)
Haven't tested sound via HDMI.
I put a Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme GTX Pro on it and set down the Min-Fan-RPM in the card'S BIOS. Now I have a 100% noiseless card when working. I OC'ed it in Extra-mode so when gaming in windows, I get the fps of a GTX 275 (max. Temp.: 53°C).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back