Gigabyte GeForce 980ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all,

First forgive me if this is simply answered elsewhere.

I am in the market to buy a laptop and aim to put Mavericks on it. I understand that Probooks are the way to go if I want the most compatible system. My aim is obviously to get everything working 100%, but I know that may be unrealistic so I want to know what the most CURRENT laptop is the best i.e. a 2014 or 2013 model. I found that the 4x30s/4x40s/6x60b/8x60p/6x70b/8x70p series are from around 2011, according to Wikipedia anyway. What about the 4x0s Gx?

Which model would you recommend to someone who is in the market to purchase a laptop. I am thinking less than $1000.00. Also seeking at least an i5 and around a 15" screen, but could be smaller - just not tiny.

Thanks for your ideas.

Hi all,

First forgive me if this is simply answered elsewhere.

I am in the market to buy a laptop and aim to put Mavericks on it. I understand that Probooks are the way to go if I want the most compatible system. My aim is obviously to get everything working 100%, but I know that may be unrealistic so I want to know what the most CURRENT laptop is the best i.e. a 2014 or 2013 model. I found that the 4x30s/4x40s/6x60b/8x60p/6x70b/8x70p series are from around 2011, according to Wikipedia anyway. What about the 4x0s Gx?

Which model would you recommend to someone who is in the market to purchase a laptop. I am thinking less than $1000.00. Also seeking at least an i5 and around a 15" screen, but could be smaller - just not tiny.

Thanks for your ideas.

There is no hack that is 100% compatible. If you need that, buy a real Apple Mac.

The 4x0s G0 is well supported by the ProBook Installer. The 4x0s G1 is a work-in-progress...

There is no hack that is 100% compatible. If you need that, buy a real Apple Mac.

The 4x0s G0 is well supported by the ProBook Installer. The 4x0s G1 is a work-in-progress...

OK Thanks. Just to verify there is no other recommended laptop other than a probook correct? For the best comparability you would recommend the G0?

I understand that and still want to go with PC's. What exactly would be expected to work/not work with the G1?

You should probably read one of the G1 threads...

OK Thanks. Just to verify there is no other recommended laptop other than a probook correct? For the best comparability you would recommend the G0?

I can't vouch for whether it is the "best" as I don't own one.

The term best is subject. Buy the one that suits your needs and usage!

I was skeptical about the performance of hack laptops in general, and must say after using Probook for a while i think they are the 'real' deal. Never used such great hack, thanks to the community.

Model Close to
HP Probook 4X40S Series MBP 2012
HP Probook 4X0 G1 MBP 2013

I was wondering something. Finding a probook nowadays (i speak about 4x30s,4x40s) is difficult if you are not in the US. In my case i had to order from abroad to get it and it cost me more than newegg for example. From what i read those models are stopped manufactured . So eventually we won't be able to get them. What will happen in 2 years or 5 ? We will have to get the new series of hp probooks and hopefully they will be as compatible as the older ones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back