1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. SE
  3. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've been reading through various threads here trying to figure out what the best options are driving a 4K monitor (and ideally 2 other non 4K displays) under High Sierra. Currently I'm running an nVidia GTX 760 4GB driving a WQHD display and two others (1680x1050 and 1280x1024), which is working well under 10.13.1 -- with either native or nVidia drivers.

From what I've read, it seems like there are some hiccups currently with 10.13 and cards I thought would be solid (1070, 1080). Is that the case, or are these just isolated and people are having success?

Ideally I'd like to find something, like my GTX 760, that can work with native Apple drivers. I saw the announcement about nVidia Pascal drivers being released, but that's just using the nVidia web drivers then I assume. Or is there native support also for some cards in that lineup?

Any info/suggestions appreciated. :)

Thanks!

I've been reading through various threads here trying to figure out what the best options are driving a 4K monitor (and ideally 2 other non 4K displays) under High Sierra. Currently I'm running an nVidia GTX 760 4GB driving a WQHD display and two others (1680x1050 and 1280x1024), which is working well under 10.13.1 -- with either native or nVidia drivers.

From what I've read, it seems like there are some hiccups currently with 10.13 and cards I thought would be solid (1070, 1080). Is that the case, or are these just isolated and people are having success?

Ideally I'd like to find something, like my GTX 760, that can work with native Apple drivers. I saw the announcement about nVidia Pascal drivers being released, but that's just using the nVidia web drivers then I assume. Or is there native support also for some cards in that lineup?

Any info/suggestions appreciated. :)

Thanks!

There is no native support for Maxwell or Pascal cards. 900 series cards work fine with High Sierra and the Web Drivers. I have no personal experience with Pascal cards. 4K is definitely easiest if your card and monitor have DisplayPort.

Running 4K on my GTX-1080 and Samsung display just fine. Works with display port at 60Hz and is fantastic.

Thanks, that helps! Are you running a 4K monitor off your GTX 970 by chance?

Running 4K on my GTX-1080 and Samsung display just fine. Works with display port at 60Hz and is fantastic.

Nice. :) So other than using the nVidia Web driver are any other tweaks needed at this point? Clover config, etc.

Nope, just the web driver. I used the webdriver flag with using multibeast post install but that's it.

Nice. :) So other than using the nVidia Web driver are any other tweaks needed at this point? Clover config, etc.

GA-Z170N GAMING5 & I5-6700 and Gigabyte 1070 mini output Displayport to monitor Asus PB279Q 4K it works perfect.

Me too used the webdriver flag with using multibeast post install.

I had to buy new glasses to see the desktop :lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back