Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H81M-S
CPU
G3240
Graphics
GT 710
I want to buy a Nvidia GT 710 for building Mojave hackintosh but there are two versions available DDR3 and GDDR5. Which one should I go with?

If you will install Mojave either one will work. If High Sierra then get the DDR3 version.

I have to disagree with the choice of the GT 710 when the GT 1030 is available. Have a look at the attached comparison and decide for yourself. I have a GT 1030 with the GDDR5 VRAM running under High Sierra 10.13.6 (Build 17G5019) and it runs the "Heaven" benchmark at 23.0 fps and the "Valley" benchmark at 23.8 fps. These are admittedly not great numbers and I have not benchmarked the GT 710, but look at the differences!

I have to disagree with the choice of the GT 710 when the GT 1030 is available.
The OP has a low budget Intel Pentium system. He may just want the lowest price graphics that work with Mojave. Then the number of CUDA cores or ram speed aren't much of a factor in the decision.

But for his information, here is the one I bought:
That card is one of the better ones for price/performance in High Sierra. I recommend it in my High Sierra guide for the Dell Optiplex models. Pretty quiet, low power draw, decent performance.

Hello, I had my system running Mojave perfectly however I had no sound! I have discovered the Mac has updated to Catalina overnight! And now my HD4000 is only showing 7mb I’ve tried installed the ktxt again but nothing - so I am looking at buying a native card on a budget what would you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back