Graphics
standard
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'd like to put together a system that will really fly when doing color correction in resolve, compositing on smoke, and retouching with photoshop. Here's what I've come up with:

Processor:
Intel Core i7-3770K
Board:
GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
RAM:
32GB 1600Mhz DDR3
Graphics Card: Quadro K4000 or Quadro 4000
Storage: Two
SATA 6Gb/s 240GB SSD (one for system, one for scratch disk, cache, etc.)
External storage: Promise RAID 6TB
Monitoring: Quadro feeds EIZO CE240w monitor, HDlink to Dreamcolor monitor
Power:
Corsair 650 Watt Modular

I read Going Bald's thread with interest, and based on that discussion eliminated any of the GTX cards from my list.

How does this look? Are there any pitfalls I should be aware of? Do I need a second graphics card to feed the HDlink? If so, do I need a second quadro or should I get something less pricey?

Thanks!

I'd like to put together a system that will really fly when doing color correction in resolve, compositing on smoke, and retouching with photoshop. Here's what I've come up with:

Processor:
Intel Core i7-3770K
Board:
GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
RAM:
32GB 1600Mhz DDR3
Graphics Card: Quadro K4000 or Quadro 4000
Storage: Two
SATA 6Gb/s 240GB SSD (one for system, one for scratch disk, cache, etc.)
External storage: Promise RAID 6TB
Monitoring: Quadro feeds EIZO CE240w monitor, HDlink to Dreamcolor monitor
Power:
Corsair 650 Watt Modular

I read Going Bald's thread with interest, and based on that discussion eliminated any of the GTX cards from my list.

How does this look? Are there any pitfalls I should be aware of? Do I need a second graphics card to feed the HDlink? If so, do I need a second quadro or should I get something less pricey?

Thanks!

Depends on which HDLink you are using. If the 3D Display port model, you have it made. Quadro DP out to the HDLink and DVI out to the monitor. If you have the DVI HDLink you need an active DP->DVI adapter to drive either the monitor or the HDLink, probably best if it drives the monitor. Or you could add another gfx card. http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Mini-HDMI-Lifetime-Warranty-015-P3-1580-AR/dp/B004B8VL64/ would do nicely.

Great, thanks Going Bald!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back