Graphics
Radeom VII
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
What hardware will be the best for working at Davinci Resolve and Adobe Premiere?

I think the best processor for me will be Intel 8700K.

Which motherboard is the most compatible, I thing about Asus PRIME Z370-A or maybe you recommend something else?

GPU, GTX 1070/1080/1080TI or Radeon 580/Vega?

I need also fast M.2 disk and 2x SSD disk.

Can you link some tutorial?

If you want to use Sierra (10.12) or older version of MacOS/OS X you must use an Nvidia video card, but if you're interested only to MacOS High Sierra you can use the Radeon as well. Also, it's easier with Nvidia to install MacOS, with AMD graphics cards you must do some additional steps when you're installing MacOS. About the SSD (I think, not sure of that) you must use some kexts to make the M.2 compatible with MacOS. Not sure if you can use it while installing the system

If you want to use Sierra (10.12) or older version of MacOS/OS X you must use an Nvidia video card, but if you're interested only to MacOS High Sierra you can use the Radeon as well. Also, it's easier with Nvidia to install MacOS, with AMD graphics cards you must do some additional steps when you're installing MacOS. About the SSD (I think, not sure of that) you must use some kexts to make the M.2 compatible with MacOS. Not sure if you can use it while installing the system

With the most recent versions of macOS High Sierra, many AMD cards received native support. This means that cards like RX 500-series and Vega cards can be plug-n-play under normal circumstances. I find it easier to work with than with Nvidia cards.

High Sierra also brought native support for NVMe SSDs. Most SSDs just work. The one glaring exception is the Samsung PM981 which for unknown reasons causes extreme system instability.

With the most recent versions of macOS High Sierra, many AMD cards received native support. This means that cards like RX 500-series and Vega cards can be plug-n-play under normal circumstances. I find it easier to work with than with Nvidia cards.

High Sierra also brought native support for NVMe SSDs. Most SSDs just work. The one glaring exception is the Samsung PM981 which for unknown reasons causes extreme system instability.
Oops, my mistake, sorry. I didn't know that.

hmm what about CUDA cores? which card is faster in video editing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back