Contribute
Register

Best ASUS EX 3 Thunderbolt card & UAD Sound card Configurations for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey!

what do you mean, are you using internal satellites with apollo external interface? what op sys are you using? mojave, high sierra?
or is it, that i rather need to connect satellites directly to apollo 8 interface. since asus thunderbolt ex3 comes only with 1 thunderbolt output.

i read some threads, that it is not so easy to get internal pci e satellites working in hackintosh.

Im on Mojave 10.14.2 and the UAD side is up to date as well. Oh and Pro Tools is is all the way up to to date. By card I mean UAD PCIe card and it was just plug and play. I don't think they're referred to as satellites though. A great way to add extra DSP and for relatively cheap second on reverb.com. Occasionally a boot won't grab it but I don't think thats a hackintosh issue. A simple restart takes care of it. Good luck!

I applied this on my Z370 system (in W10 after a "good boot" with TB working), and not only is TB booting every time, but HOTPLUG IS ALSO WORKING! Now I have full sleep functionality, and can add TB hard drives etc without rebooting.

Do I need to have Windows instaled on the same hack? Or can I do the firmware of the thunderbolt ex3 card on an other hack wich run also windows?
My hack has no windows installed, thta why I ask!

Thanks

For what it’s worth you can also not update the firmware. I have two cards (don’t ask) and the second one I chose not to.

I managed that the card is working, I had only to set the bios properly. So no need of windows indeed.

Thanks for the reply!

@elastik full hot plug on a z370a II with these files. Includes cold boot as well. This is as good as it gets until the real hero's get the full TB Tree working. I'm assuming youre on RP21.

Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 8.27.11 AM.png

Attachments

• SSDT-DTPG.aml
    100 bytes · Views: 51
  • SSDT-Z370-TB3HP.aml
    5.8 KB · Views: 48
  • TbtForcePower.efi
    9.9 KB · Views: 58
Man I think those are the right ones.

delete all of them and re insert the new ones I sent

Yeah I think that’s right!
Here’s to hoping!

@elastik full hot plug on a z370a II with these files. Includes cold boot as well. This is as good as it gets until the real hero's get the full TB Tree working. I'm assuming youre on RP21.

View attachment 450737
Hey NATA,

Building a slightly upgraded machine from the one I currently have. Current is 370A with i7 8700, and a GTX 1050ti with TBEx3. The upgrade included the 370a II and an RX580. I'm wondering if you had issues with your TBEx3 card (with our same config) seeming to disable itself after booting into OSX 10.13?

My testing shows that I can move the card out of PCi3 to PCi2, change BIOS and Win10 see's it and works fine boot after boot. Booting into OSX disables the card and Win 10n no longer sees it. I can then switch it back to PCi3 and it does the same thing. If I move the card I can boot into OSX and it works once?? (restesting this today) But when booting into win10 the card is disabled again and Win10 does not see card.

Any help would be apprecated.

Steve

Hey NATA,

Building a slightly upgraded machine from the one I currently have. Current is 370A with i7 8700, and a GTX 1050ti with TBEx3. The upgrade included the 370a II and an RX580. I'm wondering if you had issues with your TBEx3 card (with our same config) seeming to disable itself after booting into OSX 10.13?

My testing shows that I can move the card out of PCi3 to PCi2, change BIOS and Win10 see's it and works fine boot after boot. Booting into OSX disables the card and Win 10n no longer sees it. I can then switch it back to PCi3 and it does the same thing. If I move the card I can boot into OSX and it works once?? (restesting this today) But when booting into win10 the card is disabled again and Win10 does not see card.

Any help would be apprecated.

Steve

Hey Steve.

If you head over to my build which is basically yours you'll see I've got two EFI's attached––OpenCore and Clover. They should work under Mojave through Big Sur but I'm not sure of 10.3 is what, Panther? Or do you mean 10.13 High Sierra. Either way...

You're also in luck with this setup as you can get full Thunderbolt Bus working without any flashing or super involved stuff.

Take a look at the EFI (whichever one you use) and you'll see an SSDT for Thunderbolt called SSDT-TbtOnPch-Asus-Z370-A-Prime-II.aml.

It also requires three patches that are in my config under ACPI > Patch. It might vary in Clover a little bit if that's what you're using. Just take a look and you'll see them.

If you're using my EFI you'll already have an SSDT called SSDT-SBUS-MCHC which has a method called DGTP that we need as well. If you don't have that SSDT then add it as well as its good for the build and has the method we need.

Also, check out my bios settings for Thunderbolt on this build in my guide.

Hey Steve.

If you head over to my build which is basically yours you'll see I've got two EFI's attached––OpenCore and Clover. They should work under Mojave through Big Sur but I'm not sure of 10.3 is what, Panther? Or do you mean 10.13 High Sierra. Either way...

You're also in luck with this setup as you can get full Thunderbolt Bus working without any flashing or super involved stuff.

Take a look at the EFI (whichever one you use) and you'll see an SSDT for Thunderbolt called SSDT-TbtOnPch-Asus-Z370-A-Prime-II.aml.

It also requires three patches that are in my config under ACPI > Patch. It might vary in Clover a little bit if that's what you're using. Just take a look and you'll see them.

If you're using my EFI you'll already have an SSDT called SSDT-SBUS-MCHC which has a method called DGTP that we need as well. If you don't have that SSDT then add it as well as its good for the build and has the method we need.

Also, check out my bios settings for Thunderbolt on this build in my guide.
@elastik if your still interested in full thunderbolt bus on this setup also check out the EFI with the SSDT and patches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back