Contribute
Register

Beskone's GA-Z170X-Designaire - i7-6700K - GeForce 980ti Build (Skylake, iMac 17,1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@LowRob I finally have my USB ports fixed and running. I am ready to do power management now and see that you installed the ssdt-i7-6700k-aml.161866 file in the patch folder. Where did you get this file and I can simply get and use this same file in my system? Thanks for the help.

ssdt-i7-6700k-aml.161866

@Beskone Compared your benchmarks to mine and I'm not far off of your results with the exception of my Black Magic scores. I have not overclocked anything yet but don't understand why Black Magic scores are so low compared to yours? My internal HD is a Samsung 500Gig SSD. Any thoughts or advice would be great. Also, how do I overclock my CPU like you did? In the BIOS?

I have a 4 SSD RAID 0, so your blackmagic speeds are never going to get close. they look fine for the single ssd you have in your system. I did my overclock in the bios using the auto cpu upgrade feature.

I have a 4 SSD RAID 0, so your blackmagic speeds are never going to get close. they look fine for the single ssd you have in your system. I did my overclock in the bios using the auto cpu upgrade feature.

Awesome and thanks for the response. I overclocked my CPU in the bios with a setting of 46 and I appeared stable. I tried 48 and crashed hard. Had to redo a bunch of stuff. What settings did you use to over lock in the bios if you don't mind me asking? Thanks again.

Awesome and thanks for the response. I overclocked my CPU in the bios with a setting of 46 and I appeared stable. I tried 48 and crashed hard. Had to redo a bunch of stuff. What settings did you use to over lock in the bios if you don't mind me asking? Thanks again.

Literally it's just the "CPU Upgrade" then select i7-6700k 4.6ghz it's all automatic, no mess no fussing with manual entries. YMMV since it's not the same silicon as my chip.

Hi Beskone, and others reading this - I'm in the process of bulding/installing a Hackintosh that is very similar to the OP, but I'm having trouble with my 980Ti GPU - getting lots of glitches. I have written about this in more detail in a separate post, but so far getting no replies, so cross-posting to this thread in the hope that some of you with similar setups can offer some advice:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/display-issues-with-980ti-card-on-sierra.217543/#post-1462275

Any help would be most appreciated - advance thanks!

I've recently removed the Windows partition and installed Catalina on the NVMe drive while converting my RAID to APFS and moving all my data and user folder to it.

Updated Clover to 5101, removed old FW Audio kexts, updated to Lilu and Whatevergreen.

Working excellent. Had to turn off Serial Port in my BIOS settings to get smooth USB audio. Also changed my SMBIOS to iMac 18,3.

Booting from the Samsung Evo + Catalina this thing feels brand new. So much faster than my old Sierra build.

Also I've replaced the GTX 1080 Ti with a Radeon Pro WX9100 for full macOS Support. Worth it to be running Mojave/Catalina.

I've recently removed the Windows partition and installed Catalina on the NVMe drive while converting my RAID to APFS and moving all my data and user folder to it.

Updated Clover to 5101, removed old FW Audio kexts, updated to Lilu and Whatevergreen.

Working excellent. Had to turn off Serial Port in my BIOS settings to get smooth USB audio. Also changed my SMBIOS to iMac 18,3.

Booting from the Samsung Evo + Catalina this thing feels brand new. So much faster than my old Sierra build.
Also I've replaced the GTX 1080 Ti with a Radeon Pro WX9100 for full macOS Support. Worth it to be running Mojave/Catalina.
Don't forget to update Post#1's Components and Installation sections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back