Contribute
Register

[Benchmark] El Capitan Public Beta vs Yosemite 10.10.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recommend do the test with Final Cut X o Davinci Resolve Lite - for free in the site, for check Metal.
There is a famous test called Bruce Test: a complex XML to export 5K.

How should I pass the test on Davinci Resolve Lite? When importing Bruce's xml it throws an error so I can't open it. Is there any other test for Davinci?

Thanks in advance!

Hi!

Here you have Bruce tests' result in my rig:

Yosemite 10.10.4: 50 seconds.
El Capitan Public Beta 1: 26 seconds.

I followed every step in the instructions for the results to be accurate. Still figuring out the test with Davinci Resolve.

So it seems like Final Cut 10.2 is using new APIs, given the results of this test.

Thanks and hope it helps!

I doubt you will be able to get the test working in davinci mainly because the test seems to use a lot of generators and effects that are specific to FCP 10. If you want to do some tests with davinci you can try the standard candle test http://www.carousel.hu/standardcandle/. That said I doubt davinci will have metal yet. They are working on Davinci 12 which will come out in beta sometime soon (within the next week or so hopefully) which might have support, but i wouldn't get my hopes up. I haven't heard Black Magic Design talking about implementing metal yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back