Graphics
Intel HD 4400 Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey everyone! I am very new to the Hackintosh world, as I am only a college student so please spare me! I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3537 with an i3 4010u processor @ 1.7GHz running Mavericks 10.9 and after working out some of the bugs, I have a very good product: runs smoothly, fast, responsive, and so far I am really thrilled... (aside from the Voodoo sound driver when a 3.5mm is plugged in.. sounds horrible; I have a USB sound adapter coming in the mail)

The other issue that I am having, and I continue to have without any luck from the countless forums that I have browsed is the task of trying to get my network/wifi to work. Inside of my laptop I have a Dell Wireless 1705 802.11b/g/n 2.4GHz adapter, and knowing that naturally that will not be compatible with Mac OS, I went and picked up a Belkin N600 dual-band USB adapter, model: F9L1101v2. I went online to search for any drivers that might help my cause and I found that the chipset is from RealTek. A few forums directed me to their website with the driver downloads and I was only able to find drivers for Mac OS up to 10.8.

To be 100% honest, I am not sure what drivers I am looking for exactly, I tried a few (RTL8188CU and RTL8192SU) and I really do not know what I am to do once they are downloaded and extracted. I followed the installer instructions, restarted as prompted, etc. but I still have not been able to get the Belkin to talk to the OS when configuring the network preferences. The only options that network has given me is Bluetooth, VPN, and one or two other irrelevant options. It's been a frustrating experience so far so I'm hoping someone will be able to lead me in the right direction, and if this USB isn't the best one for me maybe throw out some other suggestions. Thanks!!

Thread moved to Laptop Support.

Hey everyone! I am very new to the Hackintosh world, as I am only a college student so please spare me! I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3537 with an i3 4010u processor @ 1.7GHz running Mavericks 10.9 and after working out some of the bugs, I have a very good product: runs smoothly, fast, responsive, and so far I am really thrilled... (aside from the Voodoo sound driver when a 3.5mm is plugged in.. sounds horrible; I have a USB sound adapter coming in the mail)

The other issue that I am having, and I continue to have without any luck from the countless forums that I have browsed is the task of trying to get my network/wifi to work. Inside of my laptop I have a Dell Wireless 1705 802.11b/g/n 2.4GHz adapter, and knowing that naturally that will not be compatible with Mac OS, I went and picked up a Belkin N600 dual-band USB adapter, model: F9L1101v2. I went online to search for any drivers that might help my cause and I found that the chipset is from RealTek. A few forums directed me to their website with the driver downloads and I was only able to find drivers for Mac OS up to 10.8.

To be 100% honest, I am not sure what drivers I am looking for exactly, I tried a few (RTL8188CU and RTL8192SU) and I really do not know what I am to do once they are downloaded and extracted. I followed the installer instructions, restarted as prompted, etc. but I still have not been able to get the Belkin to talk to the OS when configuring the network preferences. The only options that network has given me is Bluetooth, VPN, and one or two other irrelevant options. It's been a frustrating experience so far so I'm hoping someone will be able to lead me in the right direction, and if this USB isn't the best one for me maybe throw out some other suggestions. Thanks!!

Find out what Realtek chipset it uses, then download and install the appropriate drivers.

Find out what Realtek chipset it uses, then download and install the appropriate drivers.

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]When I searched it's chipset, I got [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Realtek RTL8192DU. I followed the proper installation through the download using the 10.8 drivers (realtek hasn't updated them since) however again for some reason the wireless network utility that comes in the download will simply not launch and the device doesn't want to talk to the os.
[/COLOR]
Thanks for the quick response! Much appreciated

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]When I searched it's chipset, I got [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Realtek RTL8192DU. I followed the proper installation through the download using the 10.8 drivers (realtek hasn't updated them since) however again for some reason the wireless network utility that comes in the download will simply not launch and the device doesn't want to talk to the os.
[/COLOR]
Thanks for the quick response! Much appreciated

What version of OS X do you have? You should install drivers appropriate for the version you're running. 10.8 is Mountain Lion. You're posting in the Mavericks forum.

What version of OS X do you have? You should install drivers appropriate for the version you're running. 10.8 is Mountain Lion. You're posting in the Mavericks forum.

I am running OS Mavericks 10.9. The issue here is that Realtek has not updated any of their chipset drivers past 10.8, but it looks as if dozens have been able to use 10.8 or even 10.7 to work with Mavericks. Ralink on the other hand has updated drivers through Mavericks but that is not a part of this Belkin.

http://218.210.127.131/downloads/do...peID=3&GetDown=false&Downloads=true#RTL8192CU

I am running OS Mavericks 10.9. The issue here is that Realtek has not updated any of their chipset drivers past 10.8, but it looks as if dozens have been able to use 10.8 or even 10.7 to work with Mavericks. Ralink on the other hand has updated drivers through Mavericks but that is not a part of this Belkin.

http://218.210.127.131/downloads/do...peID=3&GetDown=false&Downloads=true#RTL8192CU

Edimax driver site: http://www.edimax.us/html/english/frames/b-download.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back