ASUS ROG
CPU
Intel® Core™ i7 4720HQ Processor
Graphics
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 965M with 2GB GDDR5
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey guys.

Just got Sierra installed on my ASUS ROG G751JL.
WiFi card is intel which i am told is not supported, so picked up a wifi Dongle from Walmart and found it only supports Windows.

Pretty much everything else is working (haven't messed with iMessage yet though), but i just want Wi-Fi.

I tried the RTL8192CU Drivers to no avail. Also i only have USB 3.0... don't know if that is an issue, my USB 3.0 works with normal USB Mass storage devices, Keyboard ETC.

PLEASE HELP! Willing to try anything to make it work.

i have found walkthroughs for Yosimitie, Lion, Mavericks, but nothing for Sierra and the afore-Mentioned are not working.

followed
still nada.

Hey guys.

WiFi card is intel which i am told is not supported, so picked up a wifi Dongle from Walmart and found it only supports Windows.

Pretty much everything else is working (haven't messed with iMessage yet though), but i just want Wi-Fi.

I tried the RTL8192CU Drivers to no avail. Also i only have USB 3.0... don't know if that is an issue, my USB 3.0 works with normal USB Mass storage devices, Keyboard ETC.

i have found walkthroughs for Yosimitie, Lion, Mavericks, but nothing for Sierra and the afore-Mentioned are not working.

followed
still nada.

Recommend replacing built-in WiFi...
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

@RehabMan Thats not an option at this point... is that all i can do? no known drivers to make this work?

@RehabMan Thats not an option at this point... is that all i can do? no known drivers to make this work?

I don't recommend USB WiFi, but you might look in the buyer's guide (or use search) to find devices which have macOS drivers.

Hey guys.

followed
still nada.

I know this is an old thread but I found a couple of links for the same driver that worked for me to get my N300 functional in OS X.
https://link-4share.com/download/R1lsFUa7ba/wlan_11n_usb_macos10_8_driver_ui_2_0_1_zip.html

http://auto-download.com/download/get/R1lsFUa7ba/wlan_11n_usb_macos10_8_driver_ui_2_0_1_zip.html?m=1

Hope this helps

Hey guys,

is there any option to get that driver working on MacOs Catalina 10.15.04?

Because everytime i try to install the package, it told me that it's not compatible with my MacOs version.

Is it because Catalina dosen't support 32 bit applications anymore?

Yeah i have the same belkin adapter , used to work in high sierra but now that catalina does not support 32 bit apps we have no luck . Anyways buying a newer better one is preferred at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back