Contribute
Register

Beginners luck Cube project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, chaosdesigns!
I think I buy motherboard from this seller and abort the previous transaction. On the other hand my seller has disappeared from ebay and is no longer a registered user.

That motherboard, while discontinued, is readily available on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-DQ77K...602888223?pt=Motherboards&hash=item5d45caf81f

Hope this helps.

chaos

Thank you, chaosdesigns, now I finally got my hands the much sought Intel motherboard. It is probably the only ebay seller that has them in stock. Certainly not was a very economical, considering the costs of customs, but there was no other way.
Thank you for the tip! Now I can begin my build :)

Glad I could help!

chaos

Hi jespera, congratulations on scoring a decent Cube, they are few and far between on Craiglist these days.

One of the key functions you will require on the motherboard is 5V Standby Power. This is necessary for the touch sensor functionality to operate, which is a critical part of the build if you want to keep the touch function on top of the Cube shell.

Different solutions have been used with PicoPSU's, but by far (as kiwi mentioned above) the DQ77KB has a featureset that is nearly perfect for Cube builds. My i7 Cube scores around 13000 on Geekbench 2, and runs very cool in normal operation.

Pioneering a new Motherboard in a project such as this is bold, but risky and potentially more expensive if it doesn't work properly. You only get one chance to cut the I/O shield hole in the bottom of the Cube shell, so it has to be done precisely for the correct motherboard on the first try.

Good Luck!

Ersterhernd

Interesting, a modded xbox 360 PSU would be perfect for this in combination with a pico because it provides 12V as well as 5V standby.
http://www.instructables.com/id/the-Brick-PSU/?ALLSTEPS

NOTE: DISCONTINUED due to lack of time!
I have decided to drop this project and put it for sale on Ebay
o_O :oops: :!:

I want to buy it. I have been looking for a Cube for a very long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back