Contribute
Register

Before You Install Audio - Desktop/Realtek/AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok im trying to get my Realtek® ALC892 followed guides advice an nothing used layout 1, 2, 3, 5, 7,11, 28, 31, 92, 99,9 installed AppleALC.kext also Lilu.kext

The thread supports layout-id 1, 2 or 3 only. For your motherboard, set to 1.
See Post #1/Problem Reporting
none of those work an i attached my config

Useless; ignored the instructions, try again:
Post #1/Problem Reporting says
thanks but i think i just might stick with voodoo seems to much for my to understand as i am not veryy good at all this seems to have things been working by luck untill i came to change over to lilu an applealc crap is just frustrating me also multibeast always fails with triangle⚠️

ok im trying to get my Realtek® ALC892 followed guides advice an nothing used layout 1, 2, 3, 5, 7,11, 28, 31, 92, 99,9 installed AppleALC.kext also Lilu.kext

After upgrading to 10.13.2 I was unable to use AppleAlC. So I used audio_cloverALC.command and voila, I have working audio.

I'm going to try to replace kext generated by audio_cloverALC.command with AppleALC kext now to see, to I get audio now.

AppleALC supported codecs and layout ID's https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC/wiki/Supported-codecs

An option how to get better audio on ALC1150.

1. Set Audio ID 2 on Clover config.
2. Run audio_cloverALC.command to install audio
3. Reboot and check that you have audio
4. remove realtekALC.kext, which was generated by audio_cloverALC.command
5. Add into /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ the latest
AppleALC.kext
Lilu.kext
CodecCommander.kext​
6. Modify CodecCommander.kext/Contents/Info.plist IOKitPersonalities/Codec Profile/Realtek ALC1150
Send Delay = 300
Sleep Nodes = false
Update Nodes = true​

If I use realtekALC.kext, I have weird annoing cracks each time before audio strarts to play. By using AppleALC.kext there is no anymore cracks. CodecCommander.kext modifications are needed to have audio after sleep.

To get AppleALC.kext to work I have to run audio_cloverALC.command first.

The codec specific files are the same with both methods for Audio ID 1, 2 and 3.

The only caveat with audio_cloverALC.command is that I get this annoying cracks before audio starts to play. But with AppleALC I don't have those. But I have to apply audio_cloverALC.command before to get AppleALC to work, no audio otherwise. I haven't got time to deep examine why so.

multibeast always fails with triangle⚠️

I had the same problem with MultiBeast until I realized that I had the EFI partition mounted. Make certain to unmount EFI, then run MultiBeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back