Contribute
Register

Before You Install Audio - Desktop/Realtek/AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, see Post #1/5. Unsupported Audio/

thanks for your help, as always,

to confirm, I use customized SSDTs and no custom DSDTs. you're saying that, in my scenario, ACPI patches should still work?

Completely lost on how to go about this audio thing.

I've just finished getting a High Sierra build working. MultiBeast clean install (no audio kexts).

I believe my motherboard has Realtek1220 on board and I'm looking for a simple way to support basic audio out of the speaker and/or headphone jack.

I don't need surround sound or high def or anything too sophisticated. Just basic audio.

Any chance someone can help decipher the puzzle?

Audio cannot break graphics, graphics can break audio. Fix graphics first; this thread supports audio only.

I just want to point out that unfortunately this, on the surface, isn't completely true. My situation was similar to Jason4656's:
- setting up a new system
- graphics working with full acceleration, except youtube videos freeze on first frame and wont play
- sound devices present, but no sound produced via any of them

After installing Clover-unsupported_audio_controller.pkg, sound began to work AND youtube videos play properly without freezing. Undoubtedly there's some underling complication here, but if I'd stopped troubleshooting audio and instead focussed on a graphics problem, I wouldn't have progressed my issue.

Last edited:
See Post #1/Problem Reporting

Thank you. I solved my issue. Updated macOS to 10.13.2, removed AppleALC, installed lates Nvidia Web Drivers and used audio_cloverALC.command, and audio is fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back