2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi.

I need some advice before I buy all the components for building hackintosh.
I am using mac since 2006 and I am super satisfied with what apple is doing, but for now my macbook pro retina can't handle my video editing needs. So I decided to build a hackintosh because I don't have 5k for new mac pro, for now.

So in daily bases I use adobe for animations and video editing. And I would like to install high sierra and use all apple software inc. iCloud, imessages, iTunes etc.

I went through a lot of forums watched lot of videos and compared components and got very confused with all this information, so I decided to ask some expert for help.

I am planing to buy these components:
Motherboard: GA-Z270X-Ultra Gaming
CPU: Core i7-7700K
GPU: GeForce® GTX 1060 WINDFORCE OC 6G
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT (32GB)
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500gb
Original Power Mac G5 case

Does this build make any sense. Is there any components that you rather not sagest (maybe different motherboard or diferent CPU ar GPU. Maybe I need something to more efficient component to make this hackintosh to work.

And finally what will be the difficulties witch I will need to face building this hack.

as far as builds go, its a regular hum drum build so dont worry about compatibility.
personally i would research coffee lake builds (z370/8xxx cpus) as they work with osx fine.

the only issue i think youd get is with the case. as far as projects go, its great, but in terms of cost/ease of use/time spent building/features etc, the g5 case is more for nostalgia than anything else imo.
i used to have a modded g5 case as my main tower for 4 years, but switched it up in 2015 for an aluminium itx case, which ironically holds more things than my g5 ever did. it was nice to have, but real life use wasnt great. with these things your mileage may vary however

as far as builds go, its a regular hum drum build so dont worry about compatibility.
personally i would research coffee lake builds (z370/8xxx cpus) as they work with osx fine.

the only issue i think youd get is with the case. as far as projects go, its great, but in terms of cost/ease of use/time spent building/features etc, the g5 case is more for nostalgia than anything else imo.
i used to have a modded g5 case as my main tower for 4 years, but switched it up in 2015 for an aluminium itx case, which ironically holds more things than my g5 ever did. it was nice to have, but real life use wasnt great. with these things your mileage may vary however

Does hackintosh supports U.2 Onboard (NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back