Contribute
Register

beelzebozo's Skylake Build: ASUS Z170 Deluxe i7-6700K 32GB AMD RX 5700 XT

Status
Not open for further replies.
no i just followed some YouTube videos can you help to fix the problem

Upgraded to Big Sur 11.1

Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 2.18.32 PM.png

Attached is a Clover r5127 folder that I used to install from a USB drive specific to my build.

Attachments

• Big Sur Clover r5127.zip
    10.5 MB · Views: 261
Last edited:
Upgraded to Big Sur 11.1

View attachment 502873

Attached is a Clover r5127 folder that I used to install from a USB drive specific to my build.
So you did an install from scratch? I was debating doing the same but I didn’t see the official MultiBeast for Big Sur available yet? I’ve been doing a little research on Opencore vs Clover as the boot loader, have you experimented with that at all?

So you did an install from scratch? I was debating doing the same but I didn’t see the official MultiBeast for Big Sur available yet? I’ve been doing a little research on Opencore vs Clover as the boot loader, have you experimented with that at all?
No, i did an upgrade; usually do.

I switched over to OC today and got restored back to macOS Catalina. Big Sur seems too buggy at the moment for me.

If you want to use OC, you must set the following BIOS option for the z170-Deluxe.
  • Boot\CSM (Compatibility Support Module):
    • Launch CSM: Disabled
  • Boot\Secure Boot:
    • OS type: Other OS
    • Secure Boot State: Disabled
That is different from CLOVER. And if you want to also boot Windows, you'll need to add that option to the OC config. Launch CSM will not allow you to pick other drives to boot from.

Related: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/multiboot/bootcamp.html#preparations

So a neat feature of OpenCore is the ability to avoid the BIOS entirely and use Startup disk solely for multiboot.

Last edited:
Reverted back to macOS Catalina 10.15.7 and migrated to Open Core 0.6.4. See post #1 for details.

I'm trying to use open core, my macOS is 11.4 o-encore is working just fine, but when a try to use opencore an error in code b1 and stuck in apple logo, I edited my serial, board, room and uuid. My setup is z170 deluxe, 6700k, rx 5700 xt and evo 9600 500 gb. Any ideia what can be ? I have updated your o-encore refi to the last.

I'm trying to use open core, my macOS is 11.4 o-encore is working just fine, but when a try to use opencore an error in code b1 and stuck in apple logo, I edited my serial, board, room and uuid. My setup is z170 deluxe, 6700k, rx 5700 xt and evo 9600 500 gb. Any ideia what can be ? I have updated your o-encore refi to the last.
I have no idea what that error is. Your best bet is to try booting off an OC USB drive and see if it boots. See post #1, I attached an OC 0.6.9 EFI and am on Big Sur 11.4.

Open Core 0.7.5 kexts order for macOS Monterey 12.0.1. EFI attached in OP.
Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 13.48.17.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back