Contribute
Register

beelzebozo's Skylake Build: ASUS Z170 Deluxe i7-6700K 32GB AMD RX 5700 XT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confused- you mean wake from sleep works when you don't enable G-Sync?
Yes...

G-Sync on = The Screen does not come on from sleep...
G-Sync off = Screen comes back to life :D

Sorry if I was not clear, decided not to tinker any further with the settings so living without G-Sync but on 100 Hertz

Hey i just went ahead and ordered the ASUS Z170 Deluxe Mainboard and a 7700k only because i read your guide. Pretty hyped because of your awsome Hackintosh guide and wildwillow`s. Big THANK YOU in advance for your WORK man!

Alan

First off I just wanted to say thanks, beelzebozo, for making this guide. I'm building my father a hackintosh, and having your guide has made the process incredibly smooth.

That said, I did run into one issue that I'm hoping you or someone else here can help me with. When I ran the patch for the Wifi/Bluetooth hardware in the terminal, I got the following error:

ozsK9EL.png

Is there a newer version I can use on 10.12.6?

My hardware's almost identical to yours, except I haven't convinced my dad to spring for a GTX 1060 yet, so we're still using the Intel integrated graphics.

Even without the patch working, it seems like I'm able to use Bluetooth and 5GHz networks just fine. But the Z170-Deluxe's wireless hardware is still showing up as a "Third-Party Wireless Card" in the System Information utility, not as an AirPort Extreme card. I'm also not able to use iMessage, and I'm guessing this is why. (However, "Allow Handoff between this Mac and your iCloud devices" does show up as an option under the General section of System Preferences, so I guess Continuity is working then?)

Last edited:
First off I just wanted to say thanks, beelzebozo, for making this guide. I'm building my father a hackintosh, and having your guide has made the process incredibly smooth.

That said, I did run into one issue that I'm hoping you or someone else here can help me with. When I ran the patch for the Wifi/Bluetooth hardware in the terminal, I got the following error:

ozsK9EL.png

Is there a newer version I can use on 10.12.6?

My hardware's almost identical to yours, except I haven't convinced my dad to spring for a GTX 1060 yet, so we're still using the Intel integrated graphics.

Even without the patch working, it seems like I'm able to use Bluetooth and 5GHz networks just fine. But the Z170-Deluxe's wireless hardware is still showing up as a "Third-Party Wireless Card" in the System Information utility, not as an AirPort Extreme card. I'm also not able to use iMessage, and I'm guessing this is why. (However, "Allow Handoff between this Mac and your iCloud devices" does show up as an option under the General section of System Preferences, so I guess Continuity is working then?)

The patch was required for El Capitan and not Sierra IIRC.

My guide has a section on how to easily enable iMessage, did you read that section?

You probably need to apply a DSDT patch to cosmetically change how your WIFI card shows in system information, but this shouldn't prevent iMessage from working. This is not required though.

Please be weary of the latest BIOS release: Version 3504 2017/08/11. It made my PC freeze after selecting Optimized Defaults and confirming the save. It also didn't revert some settings back to default. More importantly, I could no longer boot macOS, so I had to revert to the prior BIOS release. Not sure if anyone else experienced the same with Version 3504.

beelzebozo's Z170 Deluxe Build: ASUS Z170 Deluxe - Intel Core i7-6700K - NVIDIA GTX 1080
Good Day/Evening to you, sir...
I’m having issues with my exact same hackintosh as yours when it comes to going to High Sierra. I’m having a kernel panic “MACH Reboot” from CR2 Error from the CPU. I tried everything, to be honest, and now I’m wondering if it’s the BIOS Version I have.

Have you upgraded yet? If so, can you please share your BIOS version, EFI Folder including the config of course (you can change your serial number and other private details).
Made I’m still on functioning 10.12.6.
Please help.

Good Day/Evening to you, sir...
I’m having issues with my exact same hackintosh as yours when it comes to going to High Sierra. I’m having a kernel panic “MACH Reboot” from CR2 Error from the CPU. I tried everything, to be honest, and now I’m wondering if it’s the BIOS Version I have.

Have you upgraded yet? If so, can you please share your BIOS version, EFI Folder including the config of course (you can change your serial number and other private details).
Made I’m still on functioning 10.12.6.
Please help.
I am not running High Sierra yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back