Contribute
Register

beelzebozo's Skylake Build: ASUS Z170 Deluxe i7-6700K 32GB AMD RX 5700 XT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did.
I did select "Intel HD 530" under "Graphics Configuration", build, install and reboot.
Open your config.cfg file and compare it to mine then. Use TextWrangler so you can do a side by side comparison.

Open your config.cfg file and compare it to mine then. Use TextWrangler so you can do a side by side comparison.
Did you mean config.plist ? If not then kindly guide me where is that file.

Thank you !

Edit :
There's load of differences between yours and mine config.plist. I couldn't make much of it (maybe due to lack of experience).
Could you kindly have a look at mine ?

Thank you !

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.6 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:
Did you mean config.plist ? If not then kindly guide me where is that file.

Thank you !

Edit :
There's load of differences between yours and mine config.plist. I couldn't make much of it (maybe due to lack of experience).
Could you kindly have a look at mine ?

Thank you !
Try mine and if it works, then use Clover Configurator to create a new SMBIOS.

Your ROM and MLB info looks incorrect. Look at the instructions that I included in my user build to correct them.

Try mine and if it works, then use Clover Configurator to create a new SMBIOS.

Your ROM and MLB info looks incorrect. Look at the instructions that I included in my user build to correct them.
Tried your config.plist but monitor switched off before reaching desktop. Last it showed some lines about Graphics. Same thing happens if there isn't Fake ID (0x19120000) in config.plist. Tried few times before too. Rebooted and put that in Clover > Options and now writing it from El Capitan ;)

Btw I am using a VGA (1366x768) monitor :(
It works fine with Windows 10 and Linux (Multiboot) though :)

Tried your config.plist but monitor switched off before reaching desktop. Last it showed some lines about Graphics. Same thing happens if there isn't Fake ID (0x19120000) in config.plist. Tried few times before too. Rebooted and put that in Clover > Options and now writing it from El Capitan ;)

Btw I am using a VGA (1366x768) monitor :(
It works fine with Windows 10 and Linux (Multiboot) though :)

I have never used a VGA port so I can't speak to that. You have a different motherboard. You'll need to research VGA support with Clover.

Hi Beelzebozo.

When you get a chance, can you please look at my EFI folder? My computer, nearly identical setup to yours (including the 6700k) is having issues.

I am running Sierra, however I moved to this OS as I was having issues in El Cap and hoping the beta would fix it, which it didn't. basically, my computer keeps restarting after deep sleep (normal sleep works fine). When I come to wake it after deep sleep, I have 'watchdog' error which also says Sleep/Wake failure. I don't think Ive got anything in my folder thats dubious or has incorrect settings. Please let me know what you think.

Cheers.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    24.3 MB · Views: 180
Hi Beelzebozo.

When you get a chance, can you please look at my EFI folder? My computer, nearly identical setup to yours (including the 6700k) is having issues.

I am running Sierra, however I moved to this OS as I was having issues in El Cap and hoping the beta would fix it, which it didn't. basically, my computer keeps restarting after deep sleep (normal sleep works fine). When I come to wake it after deep sleep, I have 'watchdog' error which also says Sleep/Wake failure. I don't think Ive got anything in my folder thats dubious or has incorrect settings. Please let me know what you think.

Cheers.

Sierra is still in beta and we are not providing support yet. Sorry.

Great guide beelzebozo!

I've managed to get my CustoMac build up and running in a breeze using your guide :D.

There are two things that aren't working entirely as expected:
- 5GHz WiFi: I can see 5Ghz wifi networks, but when I connect to them I loose internet connectivity.
- Handoff: I don't see the handoff option in the General section of System Preferences. Edit: I managed to get handoff working after another re-install and running the patch script again. However, the 5GHz WiFi issue persists.

I've run the Wireless BCM 94352_110 v4.0 Patch script as per your guide and selected option 3. Do you have any ideas what may be the cause of these issues?

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
urpwsvr

My configuration:

Asus Z170-DELUXE
Intel Core i7 6700K Processor
Corsair Hydro Series H45

Ballistix Elite 16 GB (8 GB x 2) DDR4 2666 MT/s (PC4-21300)
Corsair CX550M Semi-Modular Power Supply Unit
Corsair Carbide Series 200R Computer Case

Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 NGFF PCIe Gen3 8Gb/s x4 SSD (2280) AHCI

Attachments

• NoHandoff.png
    NoHandoff.png
    108.4 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back